Question about features

RWS

OK I am new to tom tom. For the models XL 335 SE and

XL 335 LM That have Advanced lane guidance and IQ routes,

Can these two feature be turned off and on from the menu?

Can the Advanced lane guidance be switched between 3D and

Advanced lane guidance on the go from the TT menu?:confused:

OK I am new to tom tom. For the models XL 335 SE and

XL 335 LM That have Advanced lane guidance and IQ routes,

Can these two feature be turned off and on from the menu?

Can the Advanced lane guidance be switched between 3D and

Advanced lane guidance on the go from the TT menu?:confused:
First, to answer one of the questions in your other thread - no, not all TomTom models come with the lifetime map option.

Second, depending upon your previous experience and current expectations of a GPS, you may wish to avoid the 335SE. That device has the "EasyMenu" menu architecture which leaves out what some consider to be some very useful features.

As for the other questions -- I can't imagine why you would want to shut down IQRoutes (it really does work quite well and adds only a small bit of additional time to the initial routing) and while some of us find the "Reality View" a pain, the ALG is really quite benign, occupying otherwise unused space in the lower left, and is often quite helpful.

That said, I can't speak for the 335LM specifically, but the TT units I've touched so far allow shutting off ALG in the "Status Bar Preferences" section. I cannot recall if there is a method for shutting off the IQRoutes. Can't recall one, and don't have either of my current units in front of me.

ALG operates in both 2D and 3D modes.

you may wish to avoid the 335SE. That device has the "EasyMenu" menu architecture which leaves out what some consider to be some very useful features.[\quote]

I have never owned a TT, but I am getting ready to buy one.

What features are missing for the 335SE on the EasyMenu?

Three pages of user preferences. Don't remember what they are at the moment but just avoid the model.

Since they've provided a firmware upgrade to restore some of the functions, I'm not 100% sure, but the two threads here will shed light on that. The first talks about what was restored (and hence, some of what wasn't) and the second talks about some workarounds that people were using to get function back, and in that, you'll see some of the things they were missing:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-one-start-ease-xl-xxl/23136-major-update-easymenu-devices.html
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...ow-get-more-menu-options-models-easymenu.html

My particular use model absolutely requires the ability to create itineraries from POI data and to enter certain locations by coordinate only. In the beginning, neither of these were possible. I don't think the latter is possible even after the firmware update.

FWIW, you need to look under "Change preferences" / "Planning preferences" to see if your model has a button at the bottom for turning IQRoutes on and off. Mine does.

Ask a Question