Question about custom menus

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Can someone answer a question for me. Since (well I guess) version 7.481, anytime I use a custom TT menu, I now have a select button in the lower left hand side of the screen that is mapped to the first menu item of whatever page I'm on. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Attachments

• TT Menu.jpg
    TT Menu.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 470
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. This is the first time I've ever seen that button in a screenshot.

woww, surprise that experts didn't catch that and thanks to aj for bringing up the question.
I myself noticed it after upgrading to 7.481, the question is what that's for?
It's totally useless and I don't know why TT integrated it in the menu.

woww, surprise that experts didn't catch that and thanks to aj for bringing up the question.
I myself noticed it after upgrading to 7.481, the question is what that's for?
It's totally useless and I don't know why TT integrated it in the menu.

I'm certain TomTom hasn't given me the option for my ONE LE to update to v7.481 of the firmware, thus I still don't have this button.

I'll have to check what is the latest version of the firmware TomTom provided for my LE>

Menu problem

Hi guys
I have to ask for help. Its driving me nuts this TT One XL.
I installed tt media centar 3.0.14. Its works great when boot up from SD card (2GB)
But I don?t getting media centar icon on 4th page.
I only have 3 pages.
I don?t want to boot up MC form card. I want to start MC from main menu.
Now I have no idea how to make this work
I was looking on forums and I can?t figure out.
I will appreciate any help.
Thank u in advance

Can someone answer a question for me. Since (well I guess) version 7.481, anytime I use a custom TT menu, I now have a select button in the lower left hand side of the screen that is mapped to the first menu item of whatever page I'm on. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

I'm a little puzzled that this seems to be new to this forum. It's old hat, actually. You are probably aware of the problem that there's no known TASK_bla for certain icons like 'Help me!' or 'Map Corrections", so you can't include them in a custom menu. Well, the useless extra button 'select' is part of the same problem: TomTom updates the Navcore, but doesn't support the Sdk anymore, so there's no way of fixing this.

What I really wonder about is, why did they ever want to make the next-page button a menu item?! If I could have it my way, there'd be three buttons at the bottom: prev-page , done, next-page. And above that 6 (rather than 5) genuine menu items.

I would say it is a very smart idea, SipSip.
Hope TT team will listen to your idea and implement it soon.

Going through 8 pages of Preferences without "Back" button is a pain.

Hi guys
I have to ask for help. Its driving me nuts this TT One XL.
I installed tt media centar 3.0.14. Its works great when boot up from SD card (2GB)
But I don?t getting media centar icon on 4th page.
I only have 3 pages.
I don?t want to boot up MC form card. I want to start MC from main menu.
Now I have no idea how to make this work
I was looking on forums and I can?t figure out.
I will appreciate any help.
Thank u in advance

If you are using a custom menu, please see Q9 on my FAQ page:
>>> TomTom FAQs <<<

If you are using a custom menu, please see Q9 on my FAQ page:
>>> TomTom FAQs <<<

No
I tried to create one but I dont know how and that what I created mess up my 1xl
I read ur FAQ Q9
but i dont know how to create tomtom.mnu
I will be very thanksfull if u can post one for me that I can copy and paste
Thanks for ur time

Last edited:
No
I tried to create one but I dont know how and that what I created mess up my 1xl
I read ur FAQ Q9
but i dont know how to create tomtom.mnu
I will be very thanksfull if u can post one for me that I can copy and paste
Thanks for ur time

Update

I found out what is the problem
I know why my 1XL doesnt want to read any SDK registry
Until I update tomtom aplication (latest one 17mb) working fine I get all extra icon, I lose help, but everything working
When I update latest aplication with tomtom home
I lose those extra icons on main menu.
Now
How we can fix that?
Thanks

Update

I found out what is the problem
I know why my 1XL doesnt want to read any SDK registry
Until I update tomtom aplication (latest one 17mb) working fine I get all extra icon, I lose help, but everything working
When I update latest aplication with tomtom home
I lose those extra icons on main menu.
Now
How we can fix that?
Thanks

Uh-oh....sounds like one MORE item that TomTom is moving abway from (support for 3rd party applications and icons). It appears that TomTom in their navcore8 firmware has decided to completely steer away from providing support for many 3rd party apps....not a smart move in my opinion as it was one of the differentiating factors the TomTom had over its competition.

Yep, that's the way it looks to me too. Somebody (was it Birdman or dhn?) posted some time ago about TomTom possibly removing features in upcoming firmware updates. If the newer TomTom firmware is ignoring the 'SDKRegistry', that will kill many possibilities.

Looks like I'll be sticking with version 7.166 for quite some time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm experimenting with a copy of Navcore 8 on my One v2, and it does NOT eliminate 'Itinerary planning' and DOES allow a custom menu (that is, it reads the 'SdkRegistry' folder).

Maybe TomTom is trying to lock down the 3rd Edition, but the other One models will continue to function as before.

I'm experimenting with a copy of Navcore 8 on my One v2, and it does NOT eliminate 'Itinerary planning' and DOES allow a custom menu (that is, it reads the 'SdkRegistry' folder).

Maybe TomTom is trying to lock down the 3rd Edition, but the other One models will continue to function as before.

Keep us posted on this one. TomTom HOME hasn't even offered me Navcore8 as an option yet for my ONE LE...

I can report that my ONE 3rd edition running 8.010 does read the SDKRegistry folder. Custom menus & apps all function (where apps= Calculator, MenuTT, Suntime, Splashback, & Skip Waypoint). Custom Car icons & Splashscreens also still work.

Other than the Compass Heading display, the only thing I've found to be broken by Nav8 is Itinerary Planning. I've reported this issue to TomTom's tech spt & it's "on their list" ...whatever that means.

-R?

Ask a Question