Power Source Question?

The 12v lighter outlet in my car doesn't work. So, as of now, I cannot charge in my car, which is a factor.

My question is, could I just cut the 12v outlet adpater thing off the end of my TT car charger cord and wire it directly into my fusebox so that it's just receiving 12v of power?

Or is there any way known to charge a TT in the car without having a cigarette thing? Haha.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Why not get under the dash and cut the wires to the cig lighter and wire in another 12 v adapter, in fact I'd buy one at the auto parts store that had two plugs to it, that way you could run two things if needed, rather than cut the TT adapter as you would be better off in case you ever switched vehicles......just my suggestion........

Well, I tried to get under there but broke the cover for the lighter and got frustrated. I have no idea how to take the dash apart, and doing it this way us more up my alley. Installing a new one is too much work.

So, does anyone know if it's safe to just give it a straight 12v source?

I don't know what the terminology is but "NO" you don't want to do that, there is something in your charger that reduces the voltage to allow the TT to operate, better rethink the new plug, you do know that you could run the wires thru another wire hole in the firewall and hook directly to you battery if that is the only way you could install a new one...........Option # 2..............:D

Haha, okay, thanks. I guess that was my real question. I guess I will put some more effort tomorrow into getting my 12v thing fixed. Thanks!

Ask a Question