POI Transfer?

I have a TT710 and have just purchased the 750 Live which I am delighted with. I have all my POI's on my 710. How do I transfer them to my 750?. I did ask the support function on TT but I got a standard reply that was talking about adding new maps etc?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Best
Piff60

Use Explorer if on a pc (or Finder on a Mac) and move to the map on the 710. All your custom .ov2 files can then be copied to the specific map folder on your new unit.

I have a TT710 and have just purchased the 750 Live which I am delighted with. I have all my POI's on my 710.
You don't mention whether or not "my POI's" are some that you have created with the TomTom yourself or found at some alternative source out on the net. If the latter, your *.ov2 files may have come with accompanying *.bmp files so that your POIs have unique icons on the screen.

If so, be sure you copy both your *.ov2 files AND the *.bmp files of the same name from your old 710 map file to your new 750 map file so that they display the way you've come to know them.

Another thing you can move to your 750 is your "Favorites", but you'll need to do that by converting them first to a POI file. For that, we recommend using a program called POIEdit which is discussed here:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-one-start-ease-xl-xxl/22056-favorites-lost-again-2.html

Many people prefer to keep their favorites in a POI file anyway due to the fact that map updates always blow them away if your firmware is version 8.xxx or prior.

Many thanks, some good advice as I have both!!
They are mainly POI that I have created whilst on a journey. Mostly in France and not sure how I did it but saved them as a seperate file in POI's!!

Best
Piff60

Ask a Question