POI Sounds?

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-s
I've downloaded several "warning" sounds for POI's on my TT One XLS. When operating my TT via TT Home - Change Preferences/Manage POI's/Warning Sounds - they sound just fine. However, when I go through the same steps on the free standing TT, there is no sound! The icons are there for the sounds, the .wav files are in the "Sounds" directory along with the symbol files, but none of the added sounds will work!

Any ideas or fixes????

HELP

LarryF

I've downloaded several "warning" sounds for POI's on my TT One XLS. When operating my TT via TT Home - Change Preferences/Manage POI's/Warning Sounds - they sound just fine. However, when I go through the same steps on the free standing TT, there is no sound! The icons are there for the sounds, the .wav files are in the "Sounds" directory along with the symbol files, but none of the added sounds will work!

Any ideas or fixes????

HELP

LarryF

Dumb question ........ maybe. What's the volume setting on our unit?

Another thought......did you happen by chance to check the icon to disable voices?

Last edited:

Any ideas or fixes????

HELP

LarryF

Does the ONE XL-S support *.wav files? The ONE series only works with *.ogg files as far as I know....see my write-up on the following pages:
>>> Custom POI Alert Sounds <<<

>>> Custom Alert Sound Menu <<<

Last edited:
POI Sounds

Thanks for your input! Now I will have to find a conversion from *.wav to *.ogg and see if that works. I know the volume is UP 'cause it will blow me out of the seat when it announces turns, etc.

I guess TT Home uses another program from the PC to process the *.wav sounds - that is not available on the unit itself.

I'll let everyone know about the *.ogg sounds on the One XLS

Thanks again

LarryF

Last Word on POI Sounds

You were right - TT One uses the *.ogg format for sounds! A friend gave a program called "SWITCH.exe" that will do the conversion from *.wav to *.ogg - or any number of other conversions. After changong the format and reloading the TT, the sounds come through load and clear.

Thanks for the tip and the help.

LarryF

By the way, I'm using a "Flushing Toilet" for a warning sound for Rest Areas along the way, and a "Snore" for any campgrounds we pass while RVing.:p

You were right - TT One uses the *.ogg format for sounds! A friend gave a program called "SWITCH.exe" that will do the conversion from *.wav to *.ogg - or any number of other conversions. After changong the format and reloading the TT, the sounds come through load and clear.

Thanks for the tip and the help.

LarryF

By the way, I'm using a "Flushing Toilet" for a warning sound for Rest Areas along the way, and a "Snore" for any campgrounds we pass while RVing.:p

Excellent....glad it worked out for you. If you read the website I posted above, I gave you two options for converting files to *.ogg ... one was a program you download to your PC and the other is an online audio converter.

Ask a Question