PM Spam

The whole spamming issue could be greatly reduced if the forum operator would change the settings to require email verification as we do on two vBulletin forums that I help manage. Also, moving to vBulletin 3.7 and activating the new anti-spamming feature helps as well although that does require a monthly fee to the filtering site.

I don't have that access. I did forward your suggestion to the admins.
I do have access to ban peeps though.

Same

Got email both at home account and then a message here. Didn't bother to look at either. I wonder how they obtained the home email?

Last edited:
The whole spamming issue could be greatly reduced if the forum operator would change the settings to require email verification as we do on two vBulletin forums that I help manage. Also, moving to vBulletin 3.7 and activating the new anti-spamming feature helps as well although that does require a monthly fee to the filtering site.

Email verification has been turned on for a long while now. We also have some extra verification settings in place upon new user registration that greatly reduces the spam bots.

We will not be purchasing any features that cost us a montlhy fee, which would have to be passed on over to the visitors of this site. This site is FREE and we would like to do our best to keep it that way.

Ask a Question