PLEASE HELP!!! - TomTom 720 Bluetooth problems BB Pearl 8100 and Street Name problems

Everyone,

I am excited about my new TomTom 720, but having a couple of problems that you may be able to help with. Here are a couple of issues...

1. I have the TomTom 720 and BB Pearl (8100) - through AT&T/Cingular, but can't get them to pair. Any suggestions?

2. I understand that the TomTom 720 is supposed to call out street names (go Left on OakWood St, go Right on Highway 291, etc.) but since I have had it, I have only heard a street name once. The rest of the time, it just says, "Go Right in 300 yards". I went to my TomTom Home and upgraded to the last version, but still having issues. Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks in advance for your assistance and feedback!

Last edited:
Make sure you are using a computer voice.

I am excited about my new TomTom 720, but having a couple of problems that you may be able to help with. Here are a couple of issues...

1. I have the TomTom 720 and BB Pearl (8100) - through AT&T/Cingular, but can't get them to pair. Any suggestions?

2. I understand that the TomTom 720 is supposed to call out street names (go Left on OakWood St, go Right on Highway 291, etc.) but since I have had it, I have only heard a street name once. The rest of the time, it just says, "Go Right in 300 yards". I went to my TomTom Home and upgraded to the last version, but still having issues. Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks in advance for your assistance and feedback![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your assistance and feedback!

Under voice preferences make sure you have "Susan" selected. She's the only english speaking voice that's a 'computer voice' and will call out street names. Any other voice you select will simply give you your route's directions minus the street names.

Last edited:
Street Names

Thanks for the suggestion on using "Susan's Voice". I'll give that a try. Any ideas about compatibility with AT&T BlackBerry for hands-free?

I had the same issue with my 720 and my BB Curve 8300. The issue was that the BB was not discoverable. To change this go into your BB options (mine is accessible via the "Manage connections" icon and change the "Discoverable" option to "Yes". That should do it. Remember to change the "Discoverable" option back to "No" once your BB and the 720 have consummated their relationship :D

Hey,

Got it. It WAS set to "No" until I just changed it. Thanks again! (And by changing it back to "No" after they have "consummated", will I have to change it to "yes" EVERY TIME I am using the BB and Go720 together, or just once?)

Mark

Mark,

You should not have to make "Discoverable" = "Yes" every time. Once paired they should stay paired. You may want to set the BB to "trust" the 720 (accomplished via the BB connectoin properties) otherwise it will ask you if you want to allow the connection every time the two hook up.

might even work for the 8830..?

Well now, I sure hope this works for the 8830 as well. i found that my discoverable setting was also no. Although the BB was detecting the TT at the time...i guess that is RIM's "stealth" mode of Bluetooth.

We shall see how well I can pair them once my download of the NA 7.10 map is done...and man it's a mother..!!

stk:cool:

Ask a Question