PC Charging your ONE

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Hey guys, as you can see.... I'm a newb. But I just discovered that if you plug in your ONE to your PC while it's off it will charge the battery. This is big news for me.... as I don't have a home charger. Anyway, sorry if you all knew this already.

ps. if you hook up to PC while on it doesn't work.

It still charges when your TT is on but it's whether you're using more power than the USB is supplying to charge it is another question.

i just got my tom tom one and i hook up to the computer with the cd that came with it. Now the damn thing is not functioning! I have not yet charged it for 2 hours. The problem is, when i unplug the device from the usb, it turns on, however, the screen is frozen with the Tom tom logo.

Second, i hit reset, and then tried it out on my car charger, it turned on but same thing! Screen is frozen.

Then i notice when i hook it up to my computer and see that my home software shows nothing under my device, im thinking the application is erased?? How do i set it back to factory default??

nope, didnt have the chance when the installation cd automatically updated the to the newer version of Tom tom HOME. I seriously think the software is erased, and i know for sure i didnt delete it. Plus what is the tom tom application for ONE?

i mean seriously , if tom tom does not give you the default software that came with the TOM TOM , what the hell are you suppose to do to reload the maps? I just dont get it, and I am very upset. I bought it from radio shack earlier today, i will go back tomorrow morning and exchange it for a new one. 30 days policy, they better give me an exchange!

You might as well use the 30 day policy to get a new one, probably a lot less headaches if we were to troubleshoot. Let us know how your exchange goes.

USB vs USB2

I only bought my TOMTOM a week ago but it would not connect to the usb port on my old computer but did connect to the usb2 card on the same computer.

Hope this helps someone else

unplugging tomtom from comp

I was told that if you don't actually go to the safely remove hardware option and just unplug your USB that the TT has a good chance of having problems eventually. I hate doing it but better safe than sorry. Also I have a samsung t-809 wondering if anyone with TMobile has figured out how to get traffic updates. I have tzones, but I really don't wanna have to pay $30 a month for the "full" internet service.

Battery performance in the TT ONE V4 is poor, I was only able to run it on battery power for less than 2 hours, as far as I know, there is no specific amount of time that it takes to charge it, because it does not signal you, or stop charging on its own when the battery is full (nice feature to add in next firmware release) are you listening TomTom?

videoman

Actually, if I recall correctly when the battery is charged and you have it hooked up to a charger and view the battery status it doesn't show charging. I have to verify that though..

Ask a Question