Orlando Trip

I have a Tom Tom XL which I bought at Walmart while on holiday in Orlando 2 years ago. We are returning to Orlando next month and I wondered whether there is an add on of the tourist / shopping attractions.

When we hired a Sat Nav from a car rental shop 3 years ago their Sat Nav seemed to have everything I wanted on it under the POI, mine only has the maps so I have to type in everything.

Apologies, as you can probably tell I know nothing about Sat Nav's and just want to switch it on and be on my way.

Thanks

Hi lizgym and welcome to TTF!

If you don't mind tapping through several screens on your TomTom, you can certainly find a ton of points of interest (POI's). The bad news is, since your device is two years old, and unless you have updated the map on the unit, chances are that *some* of the POI's will be out-of-date (as will some roads).

Not knowing your specific TomTom model, I'm guessing on the menu progression, but it is something similar to this:

- tap on the screen
- choose Navigate To
- select the state (e.g. Florida; you may have to scroll through the states or type in the name
- choose Point of Interest
- select POI in city (e.g. Orlando; ditto above)
- choose the category (e.g. Amusement Park)
- select your destination; I see that Sea World is listed on my 3+year old model XL :)

Enjoy your return to Orlando!

Ask a Question