One, ProClip 278019, and USB Traffic receiver

TomTom Model(s)
One 140
Anyone out there have a TomTom One mounted with the ProClip 278019 mount that includes the integrated charger and pass through connector to connect to the USB Traffic Receiver?

I just got one and hooked it up and the traffic receiver does not appear to work with the mount. Per ProClip product page the mount and traffic receiver are both powered with their integrated charger. You place the TomTom One on the mount and plug the USB receiver into the pass through connector on the bottom of the mount and of course plug their charger into your vehicle power outlet.

In any case, I also tried bypassing their integrated charger and plugging in the traffic receiver via the normal hookup method. Charger > USB Traffic Receiver > TomTom one - still won't work with the ProClip 278019.

Anyone have this setup working?

Last edited:
Proclip customer service has promptly agreed to ship me a replacement holder, is paying to ship me the replacement and paying to get back the bad one. Good service. I hope the replacement works.

Well it turns out that the Proclip mount was not defective after all. You really have to push hard to seat the mini-USB connector on the USB traffic receiver into the pass-through connector on the mount. Now working great. The good thing about the connection is that it is very secure and the traffic receiver is very unlikely to become unplugged.

Proclip went above and beyond to get this issue resolved. They called me a couple of times on the phone and were easy to work with.

Yes, the Proclip mounts are a bit expensive. But they offer a very high quality product that allows you to mount your GPS attached to your dash instead of your windshield, you never have to plug/unplug the traffic receiver, and with the permanently attached power plug it keeps the wiring much more organized.

Now if the TomTom USB traffic receiver cord was a bit longer I could hide that behind the dash and bring it up in the corner of the windshield to pick up the traffic signal vs. running it across the top of my dash.

Ask a Question