ONE 3rd Ed: POI: Big name Grocery stores, department stores

Hi,

I am writing to ask if there is any way to search for chain department stores, grocery stores, etc. using my TOMTOM One 3rd Edition? In other words I want to search for "WalMart" or "JCPenny" Stores in the city I am in, maybe via POIs.

Is there a way to do that?

I recently had a chance to use a friend's Garmin Nuvi and I liked this feature on it. Of course the general UI and touch was not as good as my TT One :)

Thanks for any help.

When you do a search for Walmart, I think you need to select 'any category' and type in 'wal-' with a hyphen.

For JC Penny, just try typing in JC and all poi's with JC should appear.

Hi dhn,

Thanks for your tip. I did as you suggested and selected "any category", then when I typed in "Wal-", the GPS was able to bring up the walmarts in my city correctly. Thanks so much.

For JCPenny, it turned up empty. Same for Dillards and other big name dept. stores. Oh well! I guess its not in the POI database.

It would be great if we could have a better POI database. For instance if you go and look at the available databases for UK, it is incredible--they have almost all kinds of stores listed.

Thanks for your help

Ask a Question