ONE- 330 XLS avoid highways

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
Im looking for the avoid highway option and I cant find it. Is there an option that for that on the one xls?

If your model has the functionality, it would be found in Planning preferences.....Avoid freeways.

But here's the issue, TomTom has a different understanding of 'freeways' and 'highways' that you might.

I think, 'Avoid Freeways' meand to avoid limited access roads. You may wish to avoid those higher speed roads that have more access.

In that case, I think the way you'd do it is, after the route has been planned, is to look at the summary screen, 'options' and then select 'avoid part of route'. You'd then select on the map the road to avoid.

Also, if you go to "Calculate Alternative" .. there is a menu selection for "Avoid part of Route" ..

Hope this helps.

If your model has the functionality, it would be found in Planning preferences.....Avoid freeways.

But here's the issue, TomTom has a different understanding of 'freeways' and 'highways' that you might.

I think, 'Avoid Freeways' meand to avoid limited access roads. You may wish to avoid those higher speed roads that have more access.

In that case, I think the way you'd do it is, after the route has been planned, is to look at the summary screen, 'options' and then select 'avoid part of route'. You'd then select on the map the road to avoid.

I have a question, if you want to exclude Freeways and do it via "avoid part of route" and you do something like get off route to get gas or any other reason (missed a turn, lost GPS signal) which will force it to recalculate the route, will the avaoidance still stick or does one have to pull off to the side, look at the new route and avoid the Freeway again?

I think it will recalculate the route taking your avoidance preference into consideration.

If there is no other route possible, it will say 'no route available'

Ask a Question