not receiving GPS signal xxl

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 4EZO.001.02
For 2 or 3 months now, my xxl doesn't pick up any GPS signals outside anywhere. It searches for a few minutes then reverts back to the start up screen. Then I go through the same start proceedure and still it can't find a signal. When I connect to the computer, all is OK with downloads, memory etc. It's frustrating!!

Do you get a gpsfix file from Home?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

Do you get a gpsfix file from Home?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

Tried that, many times. After the drum roll there's a black page of white writing giving various technical details!

That's the diagnostic page and means you are holding the button too long. Let go as soon as you hear the drums............

Thanks...I'll try again!

Tried holding button until drum roll. goes into 'Legal notice' page. I then 'accept'. then after a minute os so of searching for a GPS signal, It goes back to the 'start up' page then back to the 'legal notice' page.......and so it goes on..and on..and on etc! PS thank you for your response so far, I appreciate it!!

If you connect to Home, can you run the emulator (Operate my Device)?

If so, does it work ok on there?

Okay, on the emulator, add a favorite, delete one, edit one, it doesn't matter. Once done, disconnect from Home properly using the device disconnect icon.

Reboot the device now. Does it still continue to loop to the starting page, etc?

Okay, on the emulator, add a favorite, delete one, edit one, it doesn't matter. Once done, disconnect from Home properly using the device disconnect icon.

Reboot the device now. Does it still continue to loop to the starting page, etc?

Added a local petrol station (gas station?) to my favourites. Accepted no problem, but when I disconnect from my lap top.......I have the same problem!...Sorry (thank you again for your help!

Rang customer service (Amsterdam)..They were BRILLIANT!! evidently a 'Gremlin' had 'visited' my unit whilst downloading updates. Now working perfectly thanks to Jess at customer services:)
Am guessing the 'gremlin' was a bad ephemeris (GPSQuickFix) file? Did they have you delete those from your PC and unit, and download that particular item again?

Absolutely correct 100%! I can now visit France for easter holidays feeling a lot more relaxed! My wife and children will be pleased also. If I'm relaxed.... they will be too!!!:)

Ask a Question