North America Maps v7.10

I visited www.tomtom.com and went to their UK store. They have the North America v7.10 map there. In that store you have to select the GO 720 to get a 2Gb version. http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php?D=57&Language=1&P=378

I have a One v2 and when I select it in the store it only gives me the option of US-CAN maps... still version 7.10. I would perfer the NA version for my SD card. Of course, the US store still doesn't work. Home 2.1 only shows me US-CAN as well.

Question: Can I purchase the NA 7.10 2Gb from the UK store and it work alright on my One v2 w/ 2Gb card?

It also mentions that new maps are 50% off

Now people have bought the 6.75 NA maps from the UK store so unless TT has changed the way maps behaves the 7.10 NA map should work on your ONE. I really don't see why it wouln't work.

Although, I don't want you to experiment and go through the hassel of having to reverse your transaction it may be wise to call support and see what they say.

Can I ask how you did this? If the maps are 2 GB, how do you fit the maps and the OS on the card? Don't you need the OS on the card along with the maps?

Thanks.

The NA 2Gb maps are actually around 1.7Gb so it fits fine on a card with the application. I think the name indicates the size of memory it is intended for.

If you visit the UK site and select 720 you will see the NA map is 1765Mb (which is what I purchased for my 2GB card). If you select 920 you will see a 2056Mb version of the map (which won't fit on a 2GB SD card).

"If you select 920 you will see a 2056Mb version of the map (which won't fit on a 2GB SD card)."

That's a good one. I didn't know that. I also picked 720 and have it on my 2GB card with the application just fine - I even have some custom POIS and voices on there so you have plenty of room. But I had no idea that the version of the map changes depending on what model you have. What are the differences?

I temporarily have the 920T and it has the North America v710.1576 maps. So far I have not seen any improvements other than getting the mapshare updates (which are actually very good) in my area.

It is still missing some streets which I have submitted to TeleAtlas back in February and just submitted the error in mapshare. It does have corrected directions in the Kingston area such as one way streets. In v6.65 it would route me in streets that are one way but going against traffic :confused:

I can check the troublesome areas for you guys, just let me know.

I did some poking around with the new 710 NA maps. I had 665 before, so I cannot compare against 675.

I found some roads that were missing in Missouri; roads that have been there for 3 years.

I live in one of the fastest growing cities around and we have a lot of roads less than a year old and many of them aren't there. A few new roads are there and definitely more roads >1 year than before.

Overall I'm pleased; I can't really expect to see roads < 1 year old on a globally updated map. I haven't tried the missing street option of MapShare yet... might be fun.
:eek:

Ask a Question