No Voice sounds

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd
This is my first post but I need some help. The "Voice" has stopped working on my unit. Everything else seems to be fine but I don't have any voice directions. Is there an easy fix? I am taking a road trip in the morning and would really like to get this issue addressed if possible. Could someone please email me or answer my post as soon as possible.

Thanx

Last edited:
This is my first post but I need some help. The "Voice" has stopped working on my unit. Everything else seems to be fine but I don't have any voice directions. Is there an easy fix?

You need to provide more information:
- What type of unit
-What map version
-What firmware version on the unit
-What version of Home
-What were you doing when you noticed the voices stop working
-Computer or standard voices.

I have a TT One 3rd. I made a road trip and it worked fine. After returning home and turning my unit off, I did not turn it back on for a couple of weeks at which time I noticed that the sound was not working. I was using a voice that came with the unit, "Mandy". I have since connected to my pc and installed and tested another voice and while I was connected to my pc I tested the voice and it worked. After I disconnected from my pc the voice no longer worked. I have re-set to factory settings and also have done a pin re-set for 45 seconds. I have Vista on my home pc. I am not sure what map version or firmware I have. I know I may not know what is going on but I am lost as to what to do. What am I not doing?

Last edited:
Try to run the flash tool.
It is located in my signature.

If that doesn't help, you can try to restore a backup if you have done one.

I have a TT One 3rd. I made a road trip and it worked fine. After returning home and turning my unit off, I did not turn it back on for a couple of weeks at which time I noticed that the sound was not working. I was using a voice that came with the unit, "Mandy". I have since connected to my pc and installed and tested another voice and while I was connected to my pc I tested the voice and it worked. After I disconnected from my pc the voice no longer worked. I have re-set to factory settings and also have done a pin re-set for 45 seconds. I have Vista on my home pc. I am not sure what map version or firmware I have. I know I may not know what is going on but I am lost as to what to do. What am I not doing?

You can find out what firmware is on the unit by tapping the satellite bars. The next screen shows the firmware version of the software installed. Now then, tap that screen and the next shows the map version installed and the build number.

i also have thie problem, though it appears that the human voices work but not the computer ones which i prefer for directions and street names:

- What type of unit

TT Go 520

-What map version
uk v715.1703

-What firmware version on the unit

-What version of Home
"
-What were you doing when you noticed the voices stop working
Nothing, the computer voice was gone after not using it for some time
-Computer or standard voices.

\Computer

No computer voice sounds

For anyone who cares. I just repaired a friend of mines' XL 340 who's regular sounds were working but not the computer voices. What I did was copy two folders from my XL 340 to hers. A warning did come up when I went to the website that A couple of the voices were not supposed to work because of a mismatch in the OS. But they worked anyway regardless. BTW the reset they said to perform failed to help. The folders were VOCALIZER TTS and VOICES. (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question