No signal on my GPS

TomTom Model(s)
one 130
Hello everybody!

I just bought a new TOM TOM ONE 130, I was so happy with it but when I turn it on it always says no signal GPS available. It says that I am in a building. I tried to get the signal outside in a port and in cocoa beach but I can not get any signal. I am disapointed because in few days I'll be travelling to Europe and I have a device that it doesn't works.

Some between you had the same problem?

Thank you very much for your answers because the web page of Tom Tom is not helpful at all.

Especially if a first use, set unit in an open area clear of tall buildings, trees, etc. May take a half hour or so. Don't move the unit around during this time.

Also, connect the tomtom to your computer, install Tomtom HOME, and download all updates (especially QuickGPSfix).

This will make signal acquisition much faster (10-15 seconds). QuickGPSfix needs to be downloaded once a week to maintain the high-speed acquisition.

Otherwise it takes about 5-10 minutes to get a signal if the unit's been off for more than 3 hours.

Man!!...a rash of this stuff is going on..INCLUDING ME!! Yesterday for the first time, my Go720 would not pick up all day..and it still is not picking up satellite acquisition. I had mine on outside for 10-15 and nothing. I did pin resets, factory resets, eliminated files that Dave and others had said to delete...and of course now TomTom Home hasn't had any updates since I deleted the old stuff...lol. I will keep trying Sure do like the Trip Master compass!!

Man!!...a rash of this stuff is going on..INCLUDING ME!! Yesterday for the first time, my Go720 would not pick up all day..and it still is not picking up satellite acquisition. I had mine on outside for 10-15 and nothing. I did pin resets, factory resets, eliminated files that Dave and others had said to delete...and of course now TomTom Home hasn't had any updates since I deleted the old stuff...lol. I will keep trying Sure do like the Trip Master compass!!

It won?t work. Thorw it away. I am already bored of trying to make work mine. I tried all but nothing happened.

Ask a Question