No Maps Found

After freeing up some space to install the NA 7.10 map (unsuccessfully) , I accidentally hit back-up instead of restore. As soon as I saw that I screwed up, I hit abort :eek: . Unfortunately, I get NO MAPS FOUND and my TT 720 is basically inoperable. I circled back to the install CD, however the original map doesn't seem to be housed there. How do I get the original map version back (7.05xxxx) back? Thanks

Last edited:
If you made a backup, then located it in your computer. The default location should be my documents/Tom Tom/HOME/backups
Copy the whole back up and paste it to your tomtom drive replacing everything.

After freeing up some space to install the NA 7.10 map (unsuccessfully) , I accidentally hit back-up instead of restore. As soon as I saw that I screwed up, I hit abort :eek: . Unfortunately, I get NO MAPS FOUND and my TT 720 is basically inoperable. I circled back to the install CD, however the original map doesn't seem to be housed there. How do I get the original map version back (7.05xxxx) back? Thanks

If you made a backup, then located it in your computer. The default location should be my documents/Tom Tom/HOME/backups
Copy the whole back up and paste it to your tomtom drive replacing everything.

Thanks. Forgot to add that TT Home states that there are no back-ups avail. Again, I aborted mid stream so I would have expected the restore to work, so I hope your suggestion works. Am I otherwise SOL?

Thanks. Forgot to add that TT Home states that there are no back-ups avail. Again, I aborted mid stream so I would have expected the restore to work, so I hope your suggestion works. Am I otherwise SOL?

Don't panic.......yet;)

You SHOULD be able to find the 7.05 map in Documents-->TomTom-->Home-->Download-->Maps (or the folder names should be close to that).

If indeed the map is there, try opening TTHome and click on the icon showing Add Maps, etc. You should see a map row there with a + sign. If you're ok so far, click on the + and it should show the mapand location showing computer. Click on 'Add' and see if it reinstalls.

Good luck.

Don't panic.......yet;)

You SHOULD be able to find the 7.05 map in Documents-->TomTom-->Home-->Download-->Maps (or the folder names should be close to that).

If indeed the map is there, try opening TTHome and click on the icon showing Add Maps, etc. You should see a map row there with a + sign. If you're ok so far, click on the + and it should show the mapand location showing computer. Click on 'Add' and see if it reinstalls.

Good luck.

Thanks dhn. Are the original maps downloaded, or, are they resident on the TT? The reason I ask is that I don't recall downloading anything near that size originally, so I'm not sure why I'd find it there. I also downloaded 7.10, however it also fails to install <sigh>...same issue...NO MAPS FOUND. At least I have a map on my HD...just need to get it on the TT. I'll try your suggestion tonight.

Thanks dhn. Are the original maps downloaded, or, are they resident on the TT? The reason I ask is that I don't recall downloading anything near that size originally, so I'm not sure why I'd find it there. I also downloaded 7.10, however it also fails to install <sigh>...same issue...NO MAPS FOUND. At least I have a map on my HD...just need to get it on the TT. I'll try your suggestion tonight.

If you DID dl a 7.10 map, it resides in the download folder-->maps folder, NOT in the location of the (wiped out, maybe) backup folder.

So.....if you have it AND you have enough space on your unit, you should be able to reinstall using TomTom Home.

Again, I preach to any and all to get a sd card to make life easier.

From,

"Once burned ... twice shy!;) "

help with tomtom go 510

hello all i have a go 510 which has i guess you could call it been converted to a 710 (so says my tomtom) which basically enabled me to play mp3's and view photos. what i wanted to know is there a manual way to install the latest usa_canada 7.1 map manually? i copied it off of a friends sd card on to my flash drive. any help would be greatly appreciated!

hello all i have a go 510 which has i guess you could call it been converted to a 710 (so says my tomtom) which basically enabled me to play mp3's and view photos. what i wanted to know is there a manual way to install the latest usa_canada 7.1 map manually? i copied it off of a friends sd card on to my flash drive. any help would be greatly appreciated!

No, there is not.

The maps are copyrighted and the proper installation process locks a specific map to a specific device.

Candidly, that what you are asking for is illegal.

Last edited:

This is probably a good reason to actually make a COPY of the initial BACKUP. While this is redundant, it can be a life saver.

Good luck

Ask a Question