No Maps Found

I have just got a new Go 750 Live. My problem is that i tried to download a new map but being new to this i made the mistake of not making a backup. The download came down ok and said it installed on my device, but when i started it up i got No Maps Found. I rang Tomtom who said they would make the dowload available to me again and took me through deleting my downloads on Home and any maps, which we did. when i went to update my go the map was not on the list. after 2 more phonecalls and doing the same things still have no joy.
Please Help
any assistance will be great
Thanks
Tawn

If the map was dl to the computer, it should be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

See if the compressed map file is indeed there.

Then, use Explorer to look at the contents of the map folder on your unit. Do you see a file with an extension of .meta.dct? It is that file which is necessary for the application to recognize the existence of the map. If not there, (and Home sometimes screws up and does NOT install that file) then use WinRar to look at the contents of the map.zip file on your computer. Within that, you should see another .cab file with just the .meta.dct file. you can extract that file and copy to the map folder on the unit.

Another option is to skip Home for the installation:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

Thanks for the reply but when i looked at my files Tom tom had told me to delete all dowloads and maps on my computer and device to see if that was blocking the download.
thanks Tawn

Western Europe Map 845 doesn't fit on a 750, hope Tomtom fixes the bug in map 850.

First, go to "Manage my GO" in HOME, and delete everything that you don't plan to use. In particular, delete all computer voices except for the one you plan to use (you can always add it in later). Then Go to "Update my GO" and it should re-download and attempt/fail to install your map.

Once it's downloaded, do the manual install steps in DHN's post, but install it to a temporary location. Then in the temp location, delete all the cspeech files for countries you don't go to (eg anything except UK). What this does is disable speech recognition for those countries, you could always add them back later.

Then copy the map from the temporary location to your device.

Or, alternatively, you could buy a 4gb microSDHC card and you'll have tons of space to install everything.

Ask a Question