No maps found after update!

This morning I decided to updated my Rider 2ed. I opened TT Home and there were two updates. So I click to update and install as usual. I had to to update TT Home as well. After waiting the usual hour or so that TT takes for a major update I got an error message. Something abou a previous failure Anyway it was a TT Go error message.

I disconnected my device and now all I get is a blank screen and "No maps found!"

A far as I can tell the latest update must have contained a TT Go map. I think this si a bad on teh part of TT, especially right before a holiday weekend.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I thinking I need to start over.

For starters, use Explorer to look at the contents of the unit. Do you see maps there?

Next, if you did download new maps, they'll be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

Next, have you tried a reet on the unit?

Also, try downloading and running the Clear flash tool 3 times. It's found here:

Clear Flash tool

I checked, the map was downloaded onto my computer and there is a map on my device card its named North_America_2GB.tlv.

The maps on my computers are named
North_America_2GB - 1
North_America_2GB - 2
North_America_2GB -6.

What's a reet?

The .tlv file is NOT the map, it's just a desriptive file used by TT to list the contents of the equivalently named map.

The ones you list as being on the computer sound asif they may indeed be maps folders. Do they show as such?

The .tlv file is NOT the map, it's just a desriptive file used by TT to list the contents of the equivalently named map.

The ones you list as being on the computer sound asif they may indeed be maps folders. Do they show as such?

I just checked again there is a North_America_2GB folder on my device card in addition to the Map folder which has the tlv file.

The ones on my computer are map folders.

Well, on your device card, within that NA_2gb map folder, is there a file with an extension of meta.dct??

And have you tried the clear flash tool I mentioned further up in the thread?

And, sorry, but I have to ask.......

These maps, they WERE legitimate ones from TomTom, right?

And have you tried the clear flash tool I mentioned further up in the thread?

And, sorry, but I have to ask.......

These maps, they WERE legitimate ones from TomTom, right?

Yes, they are TomTom. What should I do with the clear fash tool? I downloaded the fileb ut I haven't pulled the trigger. Should use that program to clear the flash card? I still not sure where all of this is heading.

You connect the unit to the computer. You download the Clear Flash application. It's terrible for feedback when you run it but it is doing something in ram memory not available to a user. Run it 3 times.

It may not help (though sometimes it does in this situation) but it won't hurt.

I ran Clear Flash 3 times and nothing happened. At first I didn't have the power supply connected and the device shutoff. So I tried again with the power supply connected.

It definitely does something because a little bar scrolls across the bottom of the screen when its finished and the computer reports with a ding.

The end result is nothing has changed. I will try clearing the card and starting over tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Do you have a map subscription? I'm not sure why HOME has so many map copies on your computer.

In any case, do this:
1) backup your RIDER per these steps
2) run a chkdsk/f on the RIDER drive
3) in Tomtom HOME, go to Manage my RIDER, and remove the map from the "items on device" tab
4) go back to "Update my RIDER" and have it reinstall your map

If the above doesn't work, do the following:
5) in Tomtom HOME, go to Manage my RIDER, and remove the map from your device
6) go to add "traffic/voices/etc", then keep clicking on the right arrow until you see "items on my computer"
7) in the list, look for all the various map versions, click "more info" on each, and install the second-newest one

Last edited:
I think its dead or soon to be dead. All I see now is a TomTom screen. The device won't shut off. So when the battery runs down its over. Better still the device will not connect to the computer.

Its was junk all along. What I am p---ed about is that I have a subscription that I will not be able to use.

see if you can get it working with another sd card. the sd is usually the first to wear out. put a blank 2gb sd in and connect 2 home and 'update my rider' will reinstal everything.

I haven't completely given up. I think there is an internal connection problem because the computer doesn't acknowledge that there is a card in the unit and port feels loose. The on/off switch doesn't work. So I suspect this is related to the fact the card is not recognized.

The pin reset curred the stuck TomTom screen. I installed fresh SD card this morning and the unit promptly installed the application software and 9 car symbols. It will not install anything else and TTHome tells me that I am up to date. Still no maps.

Still the screen says no maps found.

Is it possible to drag and drop items that I have on my computer to the SD and have them work I would like to drag and drop a pevious version of the map to the SD card.

I think my biggest mistake was installing the latest version and then backing up. If I ever get this thing running again I will wait until after I have comfirmed that it works before I backup. The only backup I have is a copy of an installation that doesn't work.

If you have the specific map folder stored on your computer, just use Explorer (Finder in a Mac) to copy it to the card.

What I have are a number of folders with previous map versions. The folders contain extractable map and activation files.

Ask a Question