no GPS signal

No, problem is worldwide with the newer units. Supposedly, they are working on a fix which would be a proper quickgpsfix file. Did you click the 'notify me' button in the link you provided? Then you'll know when it's safe to connect your unit again. Supposedly.

The reset does get my 2405 a gps connection but only for one time...

Thanks for telling me to hit the "notify me".

from TomTom.com

Update: We have identified the root cause of the issue which has caused some of our GPS models to not get a GPS position. The issue is caused by a ‘leap year’ bug in our GPS firmware. We’re working on a fix and will provide a further update as soon as we know more.

Hmmm... "our GPS firmware". Odd that not all units updated with the latest code are experiencing this. I doubt that it's the firmware.

That message was given by the admin of the TomTom Discussions forum. It is possible that something got lost in translation ............

Yeah, just like the satellites got lost.

Did we warn them, or did we warn them?

The fact that the problem was not corrected immediately when discovered makes me wonder whether they're still using the old mechanism for determining the need for fresh ephemeris data. If so, this is going to get VERY interesting. Can you picture what it would be like if they had to cue up special Nav3 jobs on their server for every Nav3 device in the field to first remove the existing file and then replace it? I have no doubt that they could do it, but I'm wondering what level of pain will be involved.

Perhaps this is some sort of Karmic payback for shutting us out of the file system. On a Nav2 device, our users here would be back in operation by now with a few simple file deletions on the unit and the PC.

I'm not getting a GPS signal on my 2405. It worked this morning. (My XXL540TM is fine.)

Looks like I'm not the only one ( misery loves company)
I have the same situation with my devices - I have to do a drum-beat reset to get a fix with my GO LIVE 1535 whenever it is turned on, but my XXL540 works just fine.

It's not earthshaking, but it would have been a major pain if I were fumbling in the dark and not already in the habit of doing a drum-beat reset whenever there is an issue.

Hopefully TomTom will implement a fix in the reasonably near future. In my dreams . . .

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Waiting for valid gps signal

I have a start 25 which I have just updated now it can't find a gps signal but if I reset by holding the on button at the back it finds a signal and works fine. But when I switch off then back on its the same thing can't find a gps signal untill I do a reset. I've tried doing a factory reset then a reset using the power on button still nothing. Tried leaving it outside for an hour still nothing. So basically every time I want to use the sat nav I have to do a reset. Anyone any ideas?

Hang tight. A fix is on the way (literally and figuratively, if you know what actually happened!) Mad, panic filled activity is taking place back in the Netherlands.

Meanwhile, you will probably need to perform the 'reset' each time you power on in order to get a satellite fix.

Released to the public? Anyone see it yet?

No help on that page here, dhn. I don't have a production login for any Nav3 device, so it doesn't show me that there's a download available. I'm only assuming that it shows up somewhere, or upon connection.

When i reset the unit everything works. What would cause it to work after a reset if its a software bug?

I got a via 1535tm

EDIT: NVM :) i should have refreshed before posting. So this software will not fix this issue then right?

I just read that the soft reset after the update should be done outdoors. I GUESS that's so the so sat's can see the unit.....

Ask a Question