No gps signal

:(Hi,i have a TomTomXL ..after charging up all the screen was filled with black & white stripesand would not turn off...i let the battery run down and recharged it it now turns on but always says waiting for GPS signal and nothing else happens...i have tried driving a short distance to try for a gps signal but to no avail, can enyone help..thanks in advance..;)

Take the unit outside away from any buildings and leave it switched on while stationary, a first fix can take anything up to 20 minutes, if you are moving it might take even longer, after this first fix subsequent time to fix will be reduced.

With the device switched on tap the sat strength meter lower right corner of the screen followed by the smaller sat strength meter to the right of the presented screen, this should give you the GPS status page, after ten minutes have any of the grey bars increased in value or turned blue? - Mike

Ask a Question