No Activation Code

I don't think the device you have supports Itinerary Planning so transfering a route from the PC to the device isn't going to be possible - To be honest I would only use the Home software when you really need to i.e. updates and NOTHING else.

As for the blue/ grey screen take the device outside away from buildings and switch it on, with a clear view of the sky it will find the GPS birds and then compute its present position, usually takes 30 seconds (or less) but a new unit (or one thats not been used for a while) can take up to as long as 12 minutes. There are no activation codes etc, the device will work once it finds the GPS signal.

I would also suggest you wake a full copy of all the files/ folders on the device using Windows Explorer as TT Home isn't very trustworthy for making a vital backup - Mike

My understanding is that the 340XL does support Itinerary Planning. To check, see if indeed there is an icon on your unit called Itinerary Planning. (another way to check is to look at the contents of the unit using Explorer and see if there is a folder called 'itn' (no quotes).

So...........IF your model supports Itinerary Planning, you are correct that route.planner does NOT offer any way to transfer a route to your unit.

BUT............you can use Google and a 3rd party app called TYRE to accomplish the same thing. See here:
Using Google Maps For Itinerary Planning

And do as Mike says regarding getting the gps signal.

Ask a Question