Newest Version of TomTom Map?

Hi,

I got a TomTom One version 3 for Christmas. And now I want to use my Latest Map Guarantee. I have 30 days to use it from the day I started using my TT so I still have about 20 or so days left. Have any new maps come out lately? - Right now, my TomTom is using USA and Canada map version 710.1575. Is that the latest version, or has there been a newer one released?

thanks

my version is still the latest?

So, should I wait until the final few days of my Latest Map Guarantee to see if any new maps come out?

Any rumors of new maps coming out soon?

The 7.10 maps have only been out for a month and a half. I do not think you'll get a newer one before the offer expires.

Hope you enjoy your TT.

Consider yourself lucky

I got mine for Christmas too. Mine has map v705.1481 and I can't get 710, TomTom Home won't let me have it unless I buy it. TomTom Support says I have the latest map. So how did you get 710?

Last edited:
aww - that's rough. Maybe if you call Customer Support you might get better luck.

BTW - I went to the Maps section of TomTom Home and the USA and Canada map that is for sale (and it says it's version 710) is about 900mb.
But it says my map (also version 710) is about 850mb - why is that?

Changed my reply

I changed my previous reply, as I just now did find a reply from them under My Support questions on their website. I was expecting an email since they sent an automated reply via email when I first posted the question.

Although they are saying that I have the latest map, and if I didn't, it would download automatically. So how are people getting 710?

I've just asked them that same thing and will be waiting for their response.

jpzsports mine is the same way, i can't explain why maybe someone better at computers can.

The one thing I think a lot of people are forgetting, is that when I upgraded my map from 6xxx to the new 710 I saw NO differnce in MY area (north of Boston). NONE. Streets are still on the map that have NEVER existed, road construction that finished 2 years ago is still not updated. Cities and towns on the map that don't exist. For me, small new dead end streets that are not on the map is no big deal, I want the Major changes like the Big Dig in Boston, or major roads that change.

However, even without the changes, the tomtom does a great job with getting you there.

I looked up google maps, and map quest, ect they have the same mistakes. Just wondering if they all use the same 'person' to do the upgrading.

aww - that's rough. Maybe if you call Customer Support you might get better luck.

BTW - I went to the Maps section of TomTom Home and the USA and Canada map that is for sale (and it says it's version 710) is about 900mb.
But it says my map (also version 710) is about 850mb - why is that?

It's because the file is zipped. It gets unzipped to over 900MB when installed.

It's because the file is zipped. It gets unzipped to over 900MB when installed.

is it just me or is your answer kind of backwards?

if the file from TT home is 900mb, then when unzipped it would be over that size, that's correct.

but that doesn't say at all why his maps are are 850mb. that would mean when the original 900mb file was unzipped and installed it was smaller then the original, that doesn't make sense.

is it just me or is your answer kind of backwards?

if the file from TT home is 900mb, then when unzipped it would be over that size, that's correct.

but that doesn't say at all why his maps are are 850mb. that would mean when the original 900mb file was unzipped and installed it was smaller then the original, that doesn't make sense.

Heh. Whoops! I read his question wrong. I was just going by the file sizes I was working with with 710.1575. Downloaded from TT, it was around 860MB, but installed it was over 900MB. In the "Download" folder that contains the map, it's in a zip file.

Not sure why his would be the other way around.

Heh. Whoops! I read his question wrong. I was just going by the file sizes I was working with with 710.1575. Downloaded from TT, it was around 860MB, but installed it was over 900MB. In the "Download" folder that contains the map, it's in a zip file.

Not sure why his would be the other way around.
no problem. didn't know if was seeing something wrong as well, i switch numbers all the time.

zip file size

I think the 900 mb Zip download also contains a utility to self activate the map against the tomtom and does not get installed to the tomtom. I think this keeps people from buying the map one time and installing on a bunch of other tomtoms??

Last edited:
I have had my XL for less than the 30 days and the version on mine is 675-1409. I keep using Map Guarantee and keep getting the same answer that I have the latest map. What do I need to do?

i called them and they set it up in my tomtom home so i could download the new 7.10 map.They were very pleasant and gave me no problem at all

Ask a Question