New MyTomtom Update + New Maps

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom GO 2405TM
Today the MyTomTom (Home 3) software alerted me of a software update. After installing the MyTomTom update (version 3.0.1.163), its now notifying me to connect my navigation device to get new updates. Launching the website from the taskbar icon now shows my registered device as a GO 2405 instead of a GO 1000 that originally showed up when I registered it last week.

The new updates MyTomTom speaks of must include the new 860 map that was made available today. Sadly I do not have my TomTom at work to see how this new "cloud based" version of Home updates my device, but I will find out tonight! :D

If anyone has a chance to test this out sooner, please let us know how it goes! :)

Last edited:
hi well software update yes but still no maps sorry to tell you

Damn, thanks for the update. Then why does the MyTomTom software on my laptop keep telling me to connect my device for updates??? I'll have to check once I get home. I'll keep everyone updated.

As of 11:30 PM Eastern, I have also confirmed there is no version 860 maps for the GO 1XXX/2XXX series yet. TomTom is really taking there sweet time updates the new GO series :rolleyes: :p.

Newly updated EU maps should be available within 60 days at the most. I'm guessing NA maps for the 2400's should become available about the same time, tho no specific word on those. Also noted is that TomTom has extended the LMG to 90 days rather than the standard 30 for 1000/2400/2500 devices already put in service by their new owners:)

Newly updated EU maps should be available within 60 days at the most. I'm guessing NA maps for the 2400's should become available about the same time, tho no specific word on those. Also noted is that TomTom has extended the LMG to 90 days rather than the standard 30 for 1000/2400/2500 devices already put in service by their new owners:)

Why do GO 1XXX/2XXX owners have to wait so long? :confused: :( Just about every other TomTom unit has the 860 map available already. Just curious; Where did you get the info about the new EU map coming out within 60 days?

Ask a Question