Need to free space to update

I have an update for my application on my GO 720, but I only have .1 mb free. I tried before to put my main map on my SD card to free up a lot of space on the main memory, but it never worked.

Any suggestions on how I can get space? I don't have anything that I can delete to free 25.7mb that is vital.

I tried before, but I could never get the tomtom to recognize the computer voices while they were on the SD Card.

Maybe worth another shot.

Just tried it again, as soon as I removed the computer voice from the internal memory, and put it solely on the SD Card, it stopped working, and I can't select it from the menu.

What size is the sd card? Is it sdhc (which x20 units can handle). What firmware do you have installed?

I have a 4 gig sdhc card onto which I moved my NA map. I just used Explorer to do the moving. My computer voice is still on the internal.

I would suggest getting a 4 gig card for your use.

btw, with firmware 8.3, the unit supposedly can handle cards greater in size than 4 gigs without the concerns of not being able to write to > than 4 gigs as earlier firmware versions suffered.

I'm waiting for some 4 gig cards to come in the mail, but right now it's just a 2 gig. I could probably move the map to the 2 gig and then install the voices locally.

You could and it should work. But, when the 4 gig comes, use that instead. Makes life easier. Who knows how bloated future maps will be ..........

i recently purchased a 16GB card and was able to put music on using internal card reader on laptop, the music was recognized on 720. even better, with recent update, i now get choice of card or internal memory when starting tomtom Home software on laptop.

still trying to figure out playlists though, 16GBs of music is nice, but playlists would make it all the much nicer

Ask a Question