Nav 4 V15.401

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 620
The interesting one is the route prediction. It allows the tomtom to set destination automatically (for me, from and to work) so i don't have to enter it manually.
Another thing I found that is not noted on the update note:
Instead of 3 ... on the map, it now actually says the word menu
Version 15.401

Introducing Destination Prediction
Save time in the car and start navigating to favourite Places without ever touching your navigation device. Your TomTom GO can now learn your daily driving habits to saved favourite Places and also predict destinations when you start the device from sleep mode, for example driving to Work in the morning.
Before you get your first prediction, your device needs some time to learn about your habits. The more regularly you drive with your TomTom GO, the faster you will get predictions and the more accurate the predictions will be. If you would like to try out this new feature, you can turn it on at any time by going to Settings -> Route Planning -> Suggest destinations

Extra 3 months of Speed Camera Updates for free!
Speed camera locations change all the time. Because we want our community to have the best driving experience, we want you to always know the most up-to-date speed camera locations.
If you already have Lifetime Speed Cameras, you will continue to benefit from the updates. If you have a Speed Camera trial or a paid subscription, we will extend your Speed Camera Updates for an extra 3 months, free of charge. All you need to do is install the latest software.

Avoid part of route
You can now select specific sections of your route to avoid. Access this option by going to Current Route -> Avoid Part of Route and selecting one of the route sections. The route is then recalculated avoiding this specific section. If you want to avoid multiple sections of your route, you can just repeat the steps above.

See previews of specific sections of your route
Know where your device is taking you in detail. When you go to Current Route -> Show instructions you can now select each instruction and see a preview of that specific section of the route on the map.

Select a faster alternative route simply by steering (GO only)
When you approach a faster alternative route you now get an additional warning in the route bar and you can see the alternative route clearly in the guidance or map views. You no longer need to tap Yes in the route bar to accept the faster route. Simply steer towards the suggested alternative when you approach it and your device selects it.

New voice command: “Find alternative” (GO only)
Say “Find alternative” and your TomTom GO will immediately plan and present two alternative routes to your current destination. Voice control needs to be activated in Settings.

New interface language: Russian
Your TomTom device now supports the Russian language. You can select it from Settings -> Language and Units.

Other bug fixes and improvements
Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Last edited:
Though none of us has yet to think of a reason why they're both necessary...

As to the destination prediction, that feature certainly came out of left field, and we'll be interested to see what the rest of the user base thinks of it.

Though none of us has yet to think of a reason why they're both necessary...

As to the destination prediction, that feature certainly came out of left field, and we'll be interested to see what the rest of the user base thinks of it.

Agreed. The destination prediction is a weird add-on. I'm sure it would prompt you with a destination as I could imagine you wanted to go home but instead it takes you 30 miles another way. But maybe in other countries they might be a reason for this. I won't be using it though :D

I for one am glad to see the 'avoid part of route' added on. Well done TT :)

Destination prediction is certainly odd. On a couple of occaissions, Work has been suggested when I am in the work car park, and home suggested when I am sat at home!

(Useless) Feature now disabled

Well destination prediction works for me, only once. It suggest me to go home after I left work (at work place parking lot). But that was 5 days ago and since then there is no prediction at all.

Its seems like everytime they update something, another thing broke. With 15.2, it adds the MyDrive support, but traffic stop working for a month. 15.4, add alternate route displayed on route bar, but route planning takes 10x longer. I wonder what is the QA team doing in TomTom? (do they even have one?)

Oh yes, they definitely have one, and evidently also have someone with whips and chains assuring delivery schedules from the developers.

That said, I'm not seeing 10X (or anything close to an order of magnitude) difference in route planning timing here.

Umm that interesting. Mine definitely takes longer to do that. Also, I am having trouble updating MapShare data. A chat with CS and they told me that there is problems with mapshare on their server (and I haven't see one for over a week already) Don't know if it is related

If you want to go to the bother of a factory reset (you'll lose all your custom settings), you'll probably find you can get offered mapshares and they will download and install.

A reset fixed all the problems. Thanks dhn.
Why would a fail mapshare install cause the slow route planning, I don't know.
And I am surprise that TomTom Customer Service admit there there is a problem with the MapShare when there isn't.

Ask a Question