MyDrive ???

TomTom Model(s)
LIVE 1005
I have just logged on (first time for 3 months) only to find that I have prompted to update to MyDrive. I go so far along and get prompted to install password etc. Then nothing - a beautiful view of a road, but nothing else. I left it for 15 minutes or so in case something was downloading in the background.

Any ideas? I am running Windows 8.1

As you know we are a peer-to-peer forum and it appears that not too many, having seen your report, use MyDrive with 8.1.
MyDrive is just a reskinned plus improved version of MyTomTom.
Did you have any problems connecting with that one and Win 8.1 ?

As you know we are a peer-to-peer forum and it appears that not too many, having seen your report, use MyDrive with 8.1.
MyDrive is just a reskinned plus improved version of MyTomTom.
Did you have any problems connecting with that one and Win 8.1 ?

I never connected at all with Windows 8 (or 8.1) as this is a new Laptop, which came with Windows 8, which was immediately updated to 8.1.
It was only then that I tried to link my TOM TOM to the new Laptop.

My previous laptop (Windows 7) used My TomTom and I never had any problem with it.

I have tried http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO...bleshooting-tips-PC-Windows/m-p/442918#M53256 help from MikkoK, but without success

Used my drive for the first time this week and had, so far, no problems with 8.1!

This doesn't help me though.

I have now booted up my old Laptop which uses Windows 7 (64 bit). Updated it to MyDrive no problem and this allowed me to do a number of TomTom updates. I still cannot get my new Laptop (windows 8.1 64bit) to link to the TomTom. The MyDrive screen shows on screen, but then nothing.

Still I suppose I can get my old LapTop out every couple of months or so to update the TomTom.

anonym said:
For me the solution was this: go to the system tray and click on the MyDrive icon -> settings -> tab "connections". I did try the first option "Direct connection to the internet" Verify the connection with the blue button. If OK, put Web Connector Port on 5000 and click button "test availability" This resulted in a good connection between device and computer. If not OK, try second possibility "use System Settings" and same Connector port.
Most use the port 4000 by default, I do with Win7SP1 64-bit, but some have tried with 4001.

Ask a Question