My new tomtom 510 isnt working

OK I need help. I am dumb with electronics, this is normally my husbands area, but he is deployed to Riyadh for 6 months, so it's all on me.
I got a tomtom 510. I turned it on, answered the silly questions, and then went to put in all the codes. The activation code online that I had to punch into the tomtom didnt work. It said something about not correct code for us/canada maps. Um ok, so I did it a few more times and still didnt work. So I called tomtom. The lady was nice, but said she wasn't familiar with mac so wasn't sure what to tell me. So She had me download some clean program and it downloaded fine, but the tomtom wouldnt connect to it. When it says "connect to computer" and I push yes, it reboots the whole system. She also gave me another activation code to try and it didnt work either. So she was transferring me upstairs, and I had to hang up because my kids were going nuts. So can anyone help me, or do I have a hopeless tomtom? :(

Ask a Question