Memory card problem with TomTom One

TomTom Model(s)
One First Edition
Hi, I'am new of the forum and I need help to solve a problem with my TomTom One (maybe first edition). I have lost the official memory card with the system file and bought another empty one. Where can I find all the files that I need? Now, if i connect the tomtom to the computer, TomTomHOME doesn't even recognize it. Please help me trying to explain in a simple way, I'm not used to this kind of things...Thanks a lot!

What does Windows Explorer see when you connect to the computer?

Also, did you ever make a backup of your device, using Windows Explorer?

It's possible that you have one of the ONE units that had the entire system on the memory card (no internal memory). What are the first two digits of your serial number? And as Arno asks, by ANY chance did you ever back up your unit?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AH_rC-04rslh-n8&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg
This is a photo of my device...However, I've never made a backup...If I connect the device with my empty sd card in it, it only does the sound like when you connect a normal usb device. In "My Computer" there is "Removable Disk H" but if i click on it, it gives an error. When I connect just the sd card without the TomTom, it says the memory card is empty.

Ah, the original sd card was the official one, now I am using a Micro SD card with an SD adapter, I don't know if it could be a problem...

Some of the older devices used a plain SD card only, not an SDHC.

Can you try to PC copy the contents to a plain SD card and then try.

I can't, i need the files to copy on the SD, because when I lost the first SD I lost also all the contents in it. Where can I find all those files again?

The "E" in the "E2" prefix indicates that you own a ONE 2nd Edition, and sadly, the "E" prefix indicates NO internal memory. Your firmware AND your map are all supposed to be on the SD card.

As I understand how they did these 'all on the card' systems, it is not possible to simply copy the files to another SD card. This prevented mass 'free' duplication of their maps. As I recall, the map was keyed to the serial number of the card itself.

So ... you'll need to come up with another original TomTom SD card from the net or perhaps (though one would think unlikely at this point) directly from TomTom. I'd give their customer service people a call to see what, if anything, they can suggest. A card like this MIGHT work http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Tom...7974?pt=GPS_Maps_Software&hash=item4d16294fe6 though I doubt the maps are very current.

First of all, thanks for all your answers. I found this question on the web and I was wondering if that file given in download in the thread (maybe navcore or something like that) can be the solution also for me..What if I buy a new normal SD card and I copy that file in it? Thanks!

You can certainly copy the firmware (Navcore) to the card, but that won't do you any good without a map. However, I would have expected that, with Home running an the device connected with any SD card, Home would have offered firmware for the unit.

As noted above, and beware ... these older devices CANNOT deal with either SDHC or the uSD version of SDHC cards in an adapter. They need to be plain old vanilla SD.

Ask a Question