Mapsettings.cfg ?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
Ok I posted a question not to long ago about getting a POI saved in My add favorite points of intrest folder and when clicked it brings up the name wanting to no if I want to rename it and I was wondering how to remove this. Any how I found out that them POI's are saved in mapsetting.cfg, I used PoiEdit to find this out. when I tried to delete all the Favorite POI's PoiEdit wont let me saying it cant save that type of file "cfg" so My question is can I just delete mapsettings.cfg from the TomTom will it hurt anything or does the tomtom just replace this file everytime I click on POI and save it.
Sorry about the long rambling I tried search and didn't find what I was looking for....
Hope this makes some sense:D

Thanks,
Jeff

If you can't remove something from the favorites through the tomtom itself, hook it to your computer and use "operate my one" in home. You can then delete things from the favorites.

Map config

Mapconfig has more settings than favorites. I wouldn't recommend deleting the file. The file format seems to be a highly guarded secret so you may never know what it actually contains. POI edit can only interpret the Favorites stored in the file but cannot recreate the Mapconfig file.

Thankss for the info Rayszy I Removed it from the Maps Folder and placed it on my desktop and tried it and it still worked but I put it back on the TomTom where it was located.. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up by doing that..

Ok I posted a question not to long ago about getting a POI saved in My add favorite points of intrest folder and when clicked it brings up the name wanting to no if I want to rename it and I was wondering how to remove this. Any how I found out that them POI's are saved in mapsetting.cfg, I used PoiEdit to find this out. when I tried to delete all the Favorite POI's PoiEdit wont let me saying it cant save that type of file "cfg" so My question is can I just delete mapsettings.cfg from the TomTom will it hurt anything or does the tomtom just replace this file everytime I click on POI and save it.
Sorry about the long rambling I tried search and didn't find what I was looking for....
Hope this makes some sense:D

Thanks,
Jeff

you can delete the mapsettings.cfg file at any time, it will not hurt. The only thing is that you will loose the favorites, and some configurations on the device. At this stage, you then only have to setup some configuration points, but nothing more.
POIEdit will not permit you to save any information in this file.
The MapSettings.cfg file contains no POI, but only the favorites. So I presume you want to delete favorites.
You will not be able to delete the build in POIs with this method.
Using TTHome will not help at all. Cause this software can less than the device itself. You should be managing the device itself directly on it. TTHome is really useless.

--pilsit

you can delete the mapsettings.cfg file at any time, it will not hurt. The only thing is that you will loose the favorites, and some configurations on the device. At this stage, you then only have to setup some configuration points, but nothing more.
POIEdit will not permit you to save any information in this file.
The MapSettings.cfg file contains no POI, but only the favorites. So I presume you want to delete favorites.
You will not be able to delete the build in POIs with this method.
Using TTHome will not help at all. Cause this software can less than the device itself. You should be managing the device itself directly on it. TTHome is really useless.

--pilsit

Ok thank You. By loose some configurations what does that Mean, as in Like what will be lost?? New to the GPS World hate to screw this thing up to much after only a week of owning it:D Wife would Kill Me LOL
Thanks

Ok thank You. By loose some configurations what does that Mean, as in Like what will be lost?? New to the GPS World hate to screw this thing up to much after only a week of owning it:D Wife would Kill Me LOL
Thanks

these are only some configurations like the home location,.... Nothing really important.

--pilsit

Ask a Question