Maps for Chinese GPS

I have the following Chinese in car GPS/DVD system

Operation system Win CE 5.0
GPS Processor Samsung 2440 Dual Core: 400MHz +533Mhz(one for GPS Navigating, the other for Multimedia function)
SDRAM / ROM 128MB / 128MB Flash
Chip module SiRF Star III/ Ultra X-codec
GPS receivers channels 20
Maps Supported Common brand: PolNav, Igo, Route66, Tom-Tom, Support 3D Maps
Version: PND
video display required: 800 * 480
GPS Resolution Output 800*480

Can anyone please tell me what maps to buy on SD cards for use in the system and even better what maps of Southern and South Africa.

iGo is probably your only option. Ignore their statement about compatibility with TomTom maps. If it's not a TomTom device, TomTom's not selling a map for it. I'm guessing the Chinese model you're using probably has the pirated iGo software that was common in several of the Chinese knockoff pnd's. That's oftentimes why they're so cheap. All the software is stolen. I'd betcha there's no official support from iGo either for your satnav.

Don't bother with TomTom Navigator 7 on the device as the voices don't work correctly, either a lack of memory or processor power (probably a bit of both) - I use Sygic on my double DIN unit - Works a treat - Mike

Ask a Question