Map question

I have a map of France on an SD card that was used in my previous 720 unit. Is there any way I can add this map to my GO 500?

You could have added it to one of the older units all the way up through about 2009, but after that, the map format on the cards changed dramatically, and none of the newer units know how to read the older cards.

You could have added it to one of the older units all the way up through about 2009, but after that, the map format on the cards changed dramatically, and none of the newer units know how to read the older cards.
You say the new cannot read the old cards, is there any way to move the French map from the old card into the computer and then into the GO 500?

The entire file format of the map-on-card is different between old and new. Swapping back and forth just isn't possible. They won't recognize the maps of their cousins at all.

is there any way to move the French map from the old card into the computer and then into the GO 500?
The basic reason, simplified, why it cannot be done is the when HOME is used, the PC recognised the TomTom as an other external drive.
Imagine, simplified, not factual, that the My/Drive Connect software used by the newer devices does not seen them as drives but acts like a gate keeper to directly talk to the Servers at TomTom.

Ask a Question