Looking for Cletus

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
Does anyone know where I can find a voice named "Cletus"?

I had a really good "southern" voice titled "Cletus" that I lost :mad: when my TomTom One 3rd Edition had a "stroke". Yes I know I should have saved it on my computer, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Thanks,

Have you tried TT Home?
Currently under Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc / Voices I am seeing the Cletus voice.

It defaults to Recommended, so if you don't see it there, switch to English (US) and you should find it.

I have a 720, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Yeah, I tried TT Home. I've got TomTom One - 3rd Edition.

I tried changing "My Device" to a 720 and then go to the Voices download but the same ones show up & Cletus isn't there. Maybe he left town. Ha! Ha!

My device code could be the deciding factor, even though I changed My Device to a 720. I don't know if device codes are model-specific or device-specific.

Oh well........ I really appreciate your help all the same. Thank you!

Have a good one!
HH

twotiers, (or anybody else)
Would you be so kind as to give me the file# for the Cletus voice? I know someone that's got it on their TomTom One 3rd edition and I can get it from them if I knew the file#.

I looked on the voice file list found here in the forums but Cletus wasn't listed.

Here's a link to the voice file# list if it'll help you figure out which one it is: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7161

Thanks!
HH

I got it! Thank you Michelle!

The Cleetus voice files I got were numbered "data98" which the list I linked to above has another voice by the same number. In fact, I found a few voices that had the same numbers, so you can't go strictly by their numbers.

Ya'll have a good one!
HH

TC44... check the post two above yours. That download link still works.

The file downloaded will be called "data98.zip" You need to unzip it (in Windows right click and select "extract all" to produce two files (data98.chk and data98.vif. Both of those go into the "voices" folder on the TomTom (or use MYTomTom to install it on one of the new models).

And contrary to what's implied in the next post, that download DOES work in miles and yards if that's what you have your TomTom set to use.

I've just installed it on a Go940 and it works fine.

If you have a lot of other custom voices on your device, you might already have one using the ID number 98. If so, it's fairly easy to change it.
Just ask....

Based upon the serial number you've provided in your profile, you seem to have this model:
XL 350 - 2GB TTS*

I'd connect your unit to Home-->Manage device (2nd page -- purple folder) and see what it says about Items on device-->voices.

Then, items on computer-->voices.

Ask a Question