Looking for Beta testers of custom fuel prices POI's generator

ok im not sure if im doing this wrong... all im getting is a star in a box on the screen... i installed it in united states folder just like you would any other poi.... am i doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated

ok im not sure if im doing this wrong... all im getting is a star in a box on the screen... i installed it in united states folder just like you would any other poi.... am i doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated

The POI icon is a generic one that is created for you which does look like a star or astrick. The same icon will be used for every single poi in the set unless you create your own icon (BMP)file and replace the generated one.

Is this what you are referring to?

sorta i think but from the beginning post i was under the assumtion it would show fuel prices right? How do i get it to do that?

sorta i think but from the beginning post i was under the assumtion it would show fuel prices right? How do i get it to do that?

The prices are part of the name of each poi - so for example if you have a SHELL station that is at 123 elm st and the price of gas is 1.29 then in the poi list you would see something like

1.29_Shell 123 elm st _city>phone number

The name of the poi set is based on the file name that you copy over to the tomtom (the ov2 file and its corresponding bmp which supplied the icon)

See the attached screen shots for an example of what it looks like when viewed on the tomtom screen.

Attachments

• poi list2.jpg
    poi list2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 371
  • poi list1.jpg
    poi list1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 395
Outstanding!! I tookk a ride today and the 7 stations I passed had your exact rate! BTW -- how does the TT stay up to date with rate changes?

Roswell (Atlanta)

I would like to try the Atlanta area -- Zip Code : 30350

I have a TomTom 730 and a Go 700

Outstanding!! I tookk a ride today and the 7 stations I passed had your exact rate! BTW -- how does the TT stay up to date with rate changes?

Great, that is why I wrote it. Keep in mind there will always be a margin of error. Gas Slasher will only be a up to date as the source data and how often you update it. Even if the prices for a given update are not correct you can usually get a feel for pricing patterns in the given area.

? How does Gas Slasher keep my TomTom updated?
o It does not. Gas Slasher is an off line application meaning that every time you want to update the prices you will need to run the program again and update the POI set on your GPS for the new prices to be reflected. If you are looking for a more real time solution, you will need to look at the TomTom web site for more information on a subscription to their gas prices that works via your cell phone.

Sorry from my ignorance -- how do I "run the program" again to update my prices? Is there a website to go to or do I download the zipcode zip file that you orginally gave me? Thanks.

Zipcode: 37035
City/State: Chapmansboro,TN
TomTom model: TT One 3rd Edition

Sorry from my ignorance -- how do I "run the program" again to update my prices? Is there a website to go to or do I download the zipcode zip file that you orginally gave me? Thanks.

Nothing to be sorry for... The program has not been released yet. I am very close to that point now. Once it is ready for public consumption it will be available for download. The website is almost ready and I have a few more coding bits to work on. I will announce its release here in this thread so just keep monitoring the forum till then.

Thanks...

Ask a Question