LIVE features on 730/930?

Any word yet on whether LIVE features will be available on the 730/930? If we have connection via our cell phones, then we already have two-way capability. (I am especially interested in the traffic feature for the 740/940. Google search is less critical.)

TomTom quietly announced to a very small gathering that "live" services wouldn't be made available to the 730/930 EU models a few months ago. I haven't seen anything to indicate they've had a change of heart. Can't rule it out in the future, but their statements so far are a NO.

The traffic on the NA x40's will be the same data available already to the TomTom's, afaik. Just a different delivery method. In addition, I expect the x30's to be discontinued by fall.

Last edited:
According to this review of the X740 in the Boston Globe TT will use the X740's as traffic probes in addition to using Inrix flow and incident reports so the traffic for all TT traffic subscribers should improve with each sale.

I don't believe it will be long before X740 sales eclipse Dash total sales.

Cell link keeps GPS advice up to date - The Boston Globe

The traffic on the NA x40's will be the same data available already to the TomTom's, afaik. Just a different delivery method. In addition, I expect the x30's to be discontinued by fall.

Offthegrid, it won't take two weeks for the 740 sales to eclipse the Dash.;)

What I was trying to make clear to the OP, was that the 740's won't be offering NA HDTraffic in the near future. Not part of the current feature-set.

Oh yeah, you are right.

I believe TT is too ill financially to support a NA rollout of the cell probe portion of the HD Traffic despite press reports stating they haven't been able to reach an agreement with a carrier here. NA is so much larger geographically than Europe that the rollout has to be more expensive.

They could always cut to the chase and buy Airsage here to add Sprint/Nextel phones to the traffic data.

Hopefully they come out of their financial funk this year and keep rolling along. I love TomTom.

Ask a Question