KML to Go 910?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
I can't search for this because the words are too long, but this is probably up there with "What camera should I get" on my photography forum!

I have done this once, a few months back, but do you think I could do it last night (clue= "NO") grrr.

I have a bunch of waypoints on a google classic map, and have saved them as a KML file.

What can I use to convert them to TT format, and where do I put them?
I have checked my PC and there is no program installed for this, so I thought I did it online, and I found a site that was familiar last night, but the converted file was 48bytes, which is less than the number of waypoints in the KML, so clearly something was up...

ah bugger. just spotted this:

"To run Tyre, the most recent version of MS Internet Explorer must be installed on
your computer. Get your free download here."

I don't do windows exploiter.

FWIW I use TYRE 5.82 on an older WinXP netbook using Google Chrome as the default browser.

And I use it with Firefox. No worries.

OK, I have installed tyre and had a brief play with it.
I loaded my waypoints KML saved out from google maps.
That loaded all the points and immediately Tyre planned a route for doing all of them.

I tried some things, and finished by converting those waypoints into POIs and passed that POI set to the tomtom.

I manually converted a couple (using the TomTom software to virtually drive the tomtom) to favourites and that worked, but it will take me AGES to do that to them all (I think Tyre said there are 108)

What I really want to do is copy the KML waypoints to the TomTom to appear on the tomtom as favourites in one hit. Is that possible?

Ask a Question