Is Android Traffic same as HD Traffic on a GoLive?

I'm up for renewal of my trusty GoLive740 - and although the Live bits are nice the only real 'must have' for me is traffic. I've tried the android app and I think I could live with 'just traffic' but I'm not clear if the traffic info on the Android app is the same as the HD Traffic on the GoLive?

Anyone have any insight? From reading other threads it seems the GoLive has a short shelf life anyway, with the AT&T shutdown of 2G service looming on the horizon...

Yes, TomTom Traffic, which is available as an optional and extra cost in-app purchase, is a newer name for the same service as TomTom's HD Traffic. But note that the current Navigation App is obsolescent, no longer being developed and is due to be replaced by a newer mobile app, so it may still be outlasted by the also obsolescent ATT 2G network.

Last edited:
Yes, TomTom Traffic, which is available as an optional and extra cost in-app purchase, is a newer name for the same service as TomTom's HD Traffic. But note that the current Navigation App is obsolescent, no longer being developed and is due to be replaced by a newer mobile app, so it may still be outlasted by the also obsolescent ATT 2G network.
Oh - good to know. Thanks!

Ask a Question