iPhone failing to update Traffic

TomTom for iPhone 1.3 (USA and Canada) is failing to update traffic with a good 3G signal or over a WIFI connection. I've tried rebooting the iPhone and am able to connect fine to the internet, but TomTom fails. Connection failures to TomTom have been intermittent for me for a while but in the past 24 hours, connection to TomTom is consistently failing. Logging in to TomTom traffic to view my active subscription fails with a "failed to connect" error.

I have not tried calling technical support because they seem to be unavailable today due to a holiday in the Netherlands. I am currently trying to connect from the US.

Anyone have any information on why TomTom is failing to connect and what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem, says network error, although I can get on the internet and all other apps are working. Google Local Search also fails, this happens on wife's iphone also, so it has to be a tomtom problem. I did contact customer service, they know of the problem but have no fix as of yet, they try to infer that it is an iPhone problem, but since local search is not working on both phones I believe it to be a tomtom problem.

Not much to add... other than "me too". It worked fine yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon... nothing. No traffic no google search. I even transfered the traffic to another phone... didn't worth there either. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

You are not alone. I have exactly the same problem here in the UK but can't ring for help until tomorrow

The reply from customer service.

Thank you for taking time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is Aretha and we are always happy to help.

I apprehend that you are unable to use the Traffic service on your iPhone.

I understand how frustrating this kind of issue can be. Please be assured that I will definitely help you with this.

I have personally checked your account. It clearly states that the Traffic subscription is active on your account till

Please do not worry.

We regret any inconvenience caused to you. Please note that as of now, we are experiencing server issues. Our engineers are aware of it and diligently working on it to resolve at the earliest. We would suggest you to try later, as there is no exact timeframe available. However, it should get resolved at the earliest. Due to this, there is an service outage for the Traffic for iPhone users.

Again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

If you need assistance regarding any other matter, please feel free to reply.

I appreciate your time and efforts in contacting us. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction with our product is our prime concern.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Aretha
TomTom Customer Support

it is 11:58 EST in the states:

I can not log in nor can I use google.

I am trying to set up my Iphone. I am using an old account because of the e-mail mess only one unit per address. I spoke to TomTom this afternoon and they cleared that account for me to use. I can not purchase the traffic or log in.

Message is:
Unable to connect. Please try again

Am I doing something stupid again?

Update:
got to tech support. Yes the servers were down, they are now back up (1000hrs EST USA). Since I still could not connect, we deleted the application and re-installed from Itunes. Once that was done got in no problem.

Ask a Question