Integrated mounts / removal / Gooseneck mounts

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Start 25
I’m planning to buy a TomTom, possibly the Start 20 or 25. They have integrated mounts. Can these be easily modified to accommodate a mount which allows quick, frequent removal from the car/mount e.g. when parked away from home on a tourist holiday in France? Is the TomTom Gooseneck mount suitable for this type of use, or are the Brodit Proclip mounts ‘the way forward’?
Grateful for any advice people can offer.

Regards,

Milo

It's easy to remove the integrated mount (see here for TomTom's own instructions), but that only leaves you with a ball-shaped socket that you have to add some other lump of plastic to permanently.

If you look at the picture of the gooseneck mount on the TT website, you can see the mounting plate with a ball that needs to go on the back in place of the normal sucker. It's the lefmost one for the Start models

gooseneck%2B3%2Bclips_detailtcm131-7598_250.jpg

I think any Brodit mount will have to have something similar, so there's no way to end up with a neat "slip into your shirt pocket" device, (unless you find some sort of "clam" holder like you see for mobile phones which just grips the sides of the unit?)

Having now bought a Start 25, as far as I can tell the integrated mount works fine and I plan just to use that. It fits easily in the carrying pouch and is small enough to carry comfortably in a small backpack or reasonably large handbag along with all the other stuff the average tourist needs.

Milo

Ask a Question