Install CAB and TOC Without TomTom HOME?

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to install applications that come as cab / toc files without using HOME. I run Linux as my main desktop and don't have ready access to a PC that can run HOME. However, there have been a few applications that I have wished to install, but they are cab / toc files. I have tried just copying those files to my 920, but that didn't seem to work.

How can this be done?

Tim

I was pleasantly surprised to see that after upgrading to Hardy Heron Kubuntu for the AMD64 ; I also have gnome (ubuntu) KDE4 and ,xubuntu (xfce) cores installed and the latest version of VirtualBox - the free version from Sun, not the Open Source version - I was able to use the latest version of TomTom Home in a VirtualBox running XP. TomTom Home actually upgraded before it downloaded any updates for my TomTom Go920. It seemed about the same as running on a regular XP box. You do have to fiddle with the settings to get the usb ports to work with VirtualBox but afterwards I was able to download updates etc. I did have a problem with one of the voices, but that may have been a problem with TomTom's archive.

I am not sure what was needed, perhaps just the latest version of VirtualBox, then again it may be the 64 bit versions work better. Previously I could run TomTom Home but it would never connect to the TomTom - heck I even got to play with tyre and google maps etc - everything seemed OK.

Attachments

• tomtomhome1.jpg
    tomtomhome1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:

Ask a Question