Icon Legend for TT

Is there a list/legend for all the icons and doohickeys on the map display? I have seen some that I can't seem to find documented.

It looks like it's trying to tell me the direction and distance to my origin and destination...small icons with a Home and Flag symbols with what looks like a distance in them and pointing a certain direction.

Also, what are the yellow icons next to some POIs?

Thanks.

That was a recent addition to the latest Tomtom software, so it's not well documented.

From what I can remember (don't have my tomtom here now):
- yellow house = home
- checkered (race car style) flag = destination
- arrow with circle around it = current location
- green flag (golf style) = work, only visible if you have a traffic service

I'm not sure what the yellow icons are, some POIs have store brand logos. Maybe that's the logo of the POI?

These are the icons i'm referring to....

Attachments

• tomtom.jpg
    tomtom.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 707
  • tomtom1.jpg
    tomtom1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:
dervari,

Your first image tomtom.jpg is the new browse map and is what DNH was talking about.

The second image tomtom1.jpg
The image next to waffle house means it is off your current route
The image next to House of wings means it is along your route.

Thanks you two. So why does it show only some POIs as on/off route? Seems that everything would be either on or off route. :)

The waffle house image means it's close to your route, but not exactly on it. It's supposed to represent a picture of a route with a slight detour. Yellow means it slows you down a bit.

The house of wings image is green because it doesn't slow you down at all. The POI is on a road used in your route.

The other POIs have no image because they are too far off your route.

If you search for "POIs along route", for example, the yellow and green ones are the only ones that will show up.

It used to show a red arrow as well for pois way off the route. Perhaps there is 'off the route' and 'waay off the route'? :cool:

If you search for "POIs along route", for example, the yellow and green ones are the only ones that will show up.

Yes, and if you have no route planned, you will never see the green and yellow icons.

By the way, keep in mind that when looking for a POI, the distance that is listed is "as the crow flies." The actual driving distance could very well be different. It cannot be determined until the route is calculated.

Ask a Question