IBAN for cashback

TomTom Model(s)
Go50
Hi

I just bought a TomTom50 which has a cash back deal. I am trying to claim back the £10 however it is asking for an IBAC number and BIC. However I paid for the device using a mastercard and these do not have an IBAC or BIN. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Melanie

Think this is the first time we've seen that question here. Was this a direct purchase from TomTom? If so, I'd call their customer service number to see how the rebate is supposed to be managed.

Hello tgold

Thank you for the suggestion. The problem is that I have to use the same card details on the cash back form as I used to pay for the item. I paid on a credit card, I may try putting the bank details in that are linked to the credit card and hope for the best.

Thanks

Melanie

I don't think you'll need to use the same card details, as a credit card won't have an IBAN. Your UK current account will have an IBAN and BIC, if it's not printed on your paper statement then just call the bank up and ask what it is :). It's only really needed when you're making/receiving international payments.

Agreed. Now I'm following the problem. It sounds to me as though rather than crediting your credit card account and paying that transaction fee (which counts, by the way, as a 'ding' on their merchant rating with their bank when they have to do this for other reasons such as outright refunds), they are asking to direct deposit the funds into your bank account, and if I understand your terminology correctly, those are the bank routing and account codes that all checking accounts use.

I bought a Tom Tom 5000 from Halfords, did not know the amount of cash back until I bought it. It was £50 so filled online form. I even bought another too, through Amazon, not a 3rd party. Now 3 months latter and endless emails I still have not had any cash back. Then they ask again for account details as this was the problem? still no joy.

Ask a Question