How to sync 2 tomtom's

hi to all,

I am new to the site.

My question is, I have a tomtom one and recently acquired a tomtom xl s for my wife, I have been reading the threads but unfortunately I cannot find one that would relate to syncing both.

I would like to sync the old tomtom one with the xls is there a way to syncronize both so that all the stored memories in the old one can be stored in the new one also.

Would appreciate all the help.

ejjm

I do not believe so. You see, the settings one establishes, like favourites, recent destinations and such is stored in a file called MapSettings.cfg which resides in the specific map folder on a unit. And, the map for one unit will not be the same map as used on another. So, even the MapSettings.cfg files would not be compatible, I don't think.

You could try this: Use Explorer to see the contents of one unit. Go to the map folder and rename the MapSettings.cfg file to MapSettings.cfg.bak. Now, from a backup, copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the other unit's map folder to the first unit's map folder and see if the settings 'take'.

One caveat: if you are at the latest firmware for your unit (7.9??), I 'think', the suggestion may not work.

Before you try anything, though, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of each unit's contents to separate folders on your pc. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Hi DHN,

thanks for your input, let me try that tonight and see if it works. I will let you know what happens.

appreciate it

Ask a Question