How to get more menu options on models with 'Easymenu'

That is extremely annoying. Why did they disable this feature??? What are you supposed to do if one of them is in the wrong place??
I had thought that "internal" POI corrections were always accomplished using Map Corrections > Correct a map error > [arrow] > Edit POI, just as had been the case for some time. Has this changed?

That is correct. The EasyMenu model I have here can accompish that via mapshare changes.

(Now I gotta find a previous post where I gave wrong information ......:mad: )

Genci88, Parider, or Anyone....

Is there a way to add just one menu item to the EasyMenu's menu? Similar to how Parider added the Switch menu to the Easymenu set. All I want to do is use the Easymenu's but be able to access the Itinerary fetature.

Thanks

Is there a way to add just one menu item to the EasyMenu's menu?
Thanks
The *.mnu file replaces the entire existing menu structure. So the only way to add "one item" is to build a *.mnu file that looks just like the existing menu structure, and add that one item to it. That's not completely possible (some existing items can't be replicated exactly in the *.mnu) but you could get close if that's all you wanted to do.

Is there a way to add just one menu item to the EasyMenu's menu? Similar to how Parider added the Switch menu to the Easymenu set. All I want to do is use the Easymenu's but be able to access the Itinerary fetature.

Thanks

The Itinerary Planning can't be put into the Easymenu because it is an internal command that tomtom disabled. The switchmenu can be added to the Easymenu only because it is a seperate program.

If you go to a custom menu the Itinerary Planning can be made available.

Thanks guys.....

I kinda knew that, but what I was hoping for is that you could put a .cap file in the "sdkregistery" folder which would call a line of code in a .sh file in the bin directory to either show or run Itinerary. Looking at Switch menu, the line in the .cap file might be possible, but I don't know what the line of code in the .sh file would look like, if it is even possible. If it's not possible, then it's not possible.

Gary

Thanks guys.....

I kinda knew that, but what I was hoping for is that you could put a .cap file in the "sdkregistery" folder which would call a line of code in a .sh file in the bin directory to either show or run Itinerary. Looking at Switch menu, the line in the .cap file might be possible, but I don't know what the line of code in the .sh file would look like, if it is even possible. If it's not possible, then it's not possible.

Gary

I think that can be done if you can find the info. That has been done to turn off the "Static Navigation" feature, read more here https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...9-improve-walking-your-tomtom-statnavoff.html

Problem is, they didn't place a biohazard warning on the outside of the box to warn off people who already had certain expectations of what a GPS should be able to do.

Whatever the explanation, they're too stupid to be allowed to continue to fool people like that on the basis of a reputation that has long gone.

I'll be filling in a few consumer reviews on the French scene.

Obviously I'll never buy or recommend another TomTom but, even though they do have real competition, it would take a really concerted effort to make them go bust, which is all they deserve.

Thanks

It woud be nice to just be able to add lad/long cooridnates when you don't have a physical address, such as a rural cemetery!

Good info there. However I'd like to know exactly how to get to the root of the XL350 & insert a directory. Your help will be much appreciated.
Thnx.

Use Windows Explorer to locate the drive letter associated with your device, click this to display its contents, you are now at Root level of the device - Mike

Use Windows Explorer to locate the drive letter associated with your device, click this to display its contents, you are now at Root level of the device - Mike

Thanks to all concerned! All is installed on my 350M and I can now define the route(s) I want. Big learning curve with all the new options but this slowing-down-senior-senior is getting there!.

Tom Tom 550TM

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to find the default menu file on the TT550TM. I saw the menu option in this thread like tomtom.mnu, but I am unable to find the original that came on the device.

Thanks,
Hamradionut

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to find the default menu file on the TT550TM. I saw the menu option in this thread like tomtom.mnu, but I am unable to find the original that came on the device.

Thanks,
Hamradionut
There is no original. The original is hard coded into the firmware. When a TomTom discovers the *.mnu file in the right place, it overrides the hard coded menus with what it finds in the file.

Tt550tm

There is no original. The original is hard coded into the firmware. When a TomTom discovers the *.mnu file in the right place, it overrides the hard coded menus with what it finds in the file.

Thanks canderson, that's too bad. I was trying to figure out a way to get back the auto power off option like I had on my old 330S. Guess theres know way then right....??

map orientation?

Hi to all, first post to the forum.

I recently purchased a XXL550 TM and was dismayed with the "EasyMenu". Ahem. It's missing the one feature I love about my old XLS, that being the ability to orient the 2-D map with direction of travel always up. I find this much more convenient than the "north up" orientation, especially when trying to figure out turn directions when travelling south. (Beats "standing on your head.")

Before I do the custom menu operation described here, can anyone tell me if the new, expanded menu will open up the "direction of travel up" feature. If I recall it was part of the 3-D/2-D preference. There were threee choices: 3-D, 2-D w/ north up, 2-D w/ travel direction up.

many thanks,
--Phil

Last edited:

Ask a Question