How to get more menu options on models with 'Easymenu'

Thanks a lot parider for starting this thread and genci88 for the editing. I removed the Tutorials(they were for the GO) and I added the SwitchMenu.

I do have a small question/request.Is there a way to an a taskname for Quick Menu for a XL 350M ?!? If so, what's the taskname ?

Thanks.

PS: For whoever needs my sdkregistry/SwitchMenu folder...I attached it in this post !!! You also have the sdkregistry/SwitchMenu folder PLUS all the icons(bmp 24b)...in case you wanna change some icons.

I've just loaded those files on to a UK version of the XL350M and while they open up the options list, they seem to switch off the Safety Camera function. Of course, the French made camera alerts illegal in 2012.

Is there some connection here and is there a work around?

Bazz

Are you sure they switch it off? Or does it just remove the menu option for the camera settings?

There are several "newer" additions to the standard menus that were programmed in a different way, so cannot be included on a custom menu layout. Safety Cams is one of them.

But as far as I remember, you can set the camera settings as you like them, then add the custom menu and it will all work as before.

If you need to change or check the settings, you just need to remove the custom menu file, make the changes in the default menu and then put it back again.

Menu for XXL

Files can nog be found any more. But this looks great. Want to use it. Please could you share it ones more

Klaas

BTW, if anyone with an EasyMenu TomTom wants to download my SdkRegistry folder with all the pictures and customized tomtom.mnu, you can get it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1LY7W4RG

This is what menus on my XXL 550 look like. Pretty much complete at this point. :D

The main navigation map view:

57831914.jpg

Thanks for your help,

Klaas

Last edited by a moderator:
Klaus.. you don;'t really need anyone's uploaded files, the custom menu is just a list of text commands that you can make yourself, either from scratch or by using other people's suggestions.
If you want "genci's" particular version of the menu, I think he listed it in post #23

Alternatively, there is another listing (and a file upload too if you really need it) in another reply from member "tom717" here

Sure thing. Here is my custom menu:

----------- BEGIN TomTom.mnu ------------------
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1| Just a Filler|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_PREF|BTM_DONE|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2| Navigation|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_AVOID_ROUTE_LINE|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIRM_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3| Route|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4| POIs-Favorites|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE5| Preferences|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOLUME|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PROMPT|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COMPASS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_TOLL|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PLANTYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE6|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE6| Information|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_SOUND|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_GPS_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_ABOUT|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
-------------------END TomTom.mnu -----------------------------

Just copy this (not including the BEGIN and END statements), paste it into a text file, and save the text file as "TomTom.mnu".

Then, attach your TomTom to your computer and create a directory in the root of the TomTom called "sdkregistry". Place the TomTom.mnu in this directory.

Then, simply disconnect the TomTom and when it reboots it will have the new menus.

To switch back to the original Easy Menu, attach it back to your computer and rename the TomTom.mnu file to something else such as Tom.mnu. The default menus will then load.

This menu works perfectly on my XL350. I have not tested it on anything else, but I assume anything with the EasyMenu should work with this.
Parider,
I copied the menu as posted and created a folder in the root of my XXL 550, named it "sdkregistry" and copied the "tomtom.mnu" into the file as a text file. When I disconnected the tomtom and rebooted, it totally ignored the update.
Any suggestions?

Some of the older 3rd party add-ins do not work any longer with the newer Applications like 9.450 and 9.510, which are required to download new subscribed maps.

Ask a Question