How many files & Folders are suppose to be in LoquendoTTS-USA & Canada,

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One XL., S Series
How many Items & Folders are suppose to be in LoquendoTTS-USA & Canada,

yesterday, i was having issues of my TomTom freezing during traveling, right after one of my last updates about a month ago. So i came home, & called support.. spoke with some really helpful people throughout the day, and to make a long story short, I was told to Move the LoquendaTTS and USA Canada.. I'm worried that maybe files were lost during "cut & paste" Windows Vista (any edition) operating systems SUCKS for cut & pasting), & I should have dragged & dropped. That said... On my desktop are both folders. Inside the LoquendaTTS folder is, 11 items. If I just open the folder. By right clicking/ properties, I have 28 items, 5 folders, & 43.6 MB. In the USA & Canada folders. Opening the folder I have 34 items. By the Right click/ properties I have 34 items, 0 folders, & 886 MB. Does anyone know if thats correct?

After going through the update, & still connected to TomTom home, the TomTom freezes during the "entering location".. When i unhook, & go outside until its connects to the satellite... It connects.. then trying to enter location... I get the freeze. Then when i shut down, & re-power up, I have to agree to the TOS, & go through all the prompts again.. this occurs over & over.

If anyones got any idea's I'm all eyes.. My sister is a long haul trucker... this tomtom goes with her, & she leaves at 11am CST. TomTom supports not open until 9:30 AM CST.

And if this isn't possible the issue, does anyone have any other idea's?

Thanks up front, to those tomtom wiser then me.. *grin*

Mike

PS.. I forgot something.. I have no backup files from the first install.. my sister connect the tmtom to a different pc when she set this up. By the time she realized her techie friend was a goof, she brought it to me.. So now who's the goof?

Last edited:
You say the USA & Canada map folder is on your desktop?? Is it not a folder in the root of the unit? It certainly should be.

If it is, try a reset on the unit. If there isn't a dedicated reset hole on the bottom in which you insert a paperclip or something for about 3 seconds, then hold the power button on your model for about 15 seconds.

Also, tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the application version installed. Tap the version number to see the map installed and the version. Report back.

Hi Dhn

Thanks for your prompt reply. When i posted, I was in the middle of another format, & was going to do another install. I'm sorry for leaving that out.. I'm in panic mode because my sister leaves soon. Anyways.. when i go back through the steps of installing the app/ updates again.. I'll reply again.

One thing.. When i reformat the Default "allocation unit size" is 16 KB. Can that be changed, or should it be left alone?

Another thing since i have an expert online. yesday I spoke to three people throughout the day. Two gave me different folders to save, & different direction for fixing the issue's I was having.. They were different issues, as the day progressed. You said in your reply.. "Is it not a folder in the root of the unit? It certainly should be." Are you saying, kept the wrong folder?

I do appreciate your time.. If I do need to get the software again, is it possible to, get the Map Update, or am i'm going to have to buy the full version again.. (unless of course warranty is still good).. I'm not sure about that until i talk to my sister, & she isn't picking up her phone yet.. (lazy people!! *grin*).

Mike

When you look at the contents of your unit using Explorer, you should see a bunch of folders (like asr, photos, license, ... that sort of stuff.) You should also see a LoquendoTTS folder and a USA & Canada folder. Do you?

well let me restate that "yes"

When i drag & drop those folder back into the root.. then open tomtom home, & do the insall of the application.. The LoquendoTTS is still there, but the USA & Canada folder is gone. I thought maybe the files got removed & relaced somewhere else on the drive?

Is that not the case? The folder should still be there.. The others you mentioned are.. along with several others. Should I hang my head in shame yet?

This tomtom stuff isn't (I thought) suppose to be this confusing. I'm sorry. I know how frustrating it can be doing this kind of support..

Last edited:
I need you to be very precise in your terminology.

The USA & Canada map folder is or is NOT in the unit? If not, use Explorer and copy the folder from the desktop and then highlight the drive reflecting the TomTom unit and select paste.

Error during 2d update function.

I'm sorry.. I'll slow down, and be exact... please forgive my inconsiderate posts.

Ok.. I'm through the format, & 1st install of Application for One XL. During reboot, another update is done, where it finds the Application for "One XL S- And Mapshare update. During this part, I got a new error I didn't get yesterday. Pasted below:

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/Write: An error occurred while using this file: J:\helpme\other\trafficrules\index_es.html
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1233)
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1233
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:00:24 GMT

This is where its at, and I have done nothing, & will srtay here until i read what you have to say.

And. right now those folders are in the TomTom Directory: Usa & Canada- LoquendoTTS. Also in there right now are: art, contacts, gl, gns, helpme, itn, logging, sounds, & the two already mention.. 18 other files are there independently

I await your answer..

Thanks again

Mike

Last edited:
When you do get the unit to start up, do you see the satellite bars? If so...
tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the application version installed. Tap the version number to see the map installed and the version. Report back.

Then......

1. Make the Explorer backup of your unit's contents and ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

2. Reformat the unit as fat32

3. Restore the backup using Explorer.

Satelite Signal Icon

I have the MPH Icon, but not finding the satelite icon.

The version numbers are as follows. I got these from booting up the device, & a geen page popped up with them

App: 8.010
Map: 710.1575
GPS: 1.21

When i log onto TomTom Home, & click, "Whats on my Tomom; The "QuickGPSfix Data" folder is missing. These are the folders there. "Voice, Shut down Images, Car symbols, Points of interest, Maps, Applications."

All problems fixed

I thank you for your time, and patients.

The problem was.. after rebooting, the application was coming up in a different langauge, & when it asked, on the first prompted to "connect device to computer? I was clicking "No" (i don't know German, spanish, or whatever else language popped in :( Guess I need to find a good language translator.

Today, you Dhl, and Rachel at TT support get the, "Your Smarter then Me", award.

Take car, & God Bless..

Ask a Question