HOME2 version 2.9.8.3669 a compulsory Update.

So your Europe map is 'clean' on the card, and your US map is also now clean on a card? If so, you are safe to clean up the internal memory which I suppose will now hold only your operating firmware and the like.

1) Remove card from SD slot - just to be safe
2) Connect device. When Home fires up, just minimize it to get it off the screen (but don't close it). We will get back to that in a moment.
3) Using your OS, perform FAT32 'disk' format of the device. Do NOT use 'Quick format' if offered.
4) Bring Home back to the fore, and use either of the normal methods (I use the little arrow in the lower right) to logically disconnect the 930.
5) Unplug the 930 and plug it back in again. Home will again 'discover its connection.
6) Home will notice that there is no firmware on your unit and will offer to install. It may offer to install an earlier version, perhaps even back to 8.XXX and that's OK. Let it.
7) Once the firmware is updated, logically disconnect the 930 again.
8) Unplug the 930 and plug it back in again. Home will again 'discover' its connection
9) If a newer firmware version is offered, accept it. Rinse and repeat from step 7 until no higher versions are offered. Please report what version you ended with.
10) Logically and then physically disconnect the 930.
11) Turn OFF the 930 with the power button.
12) Install one of your map cards and fire the unit up. How's it looking now?

I followed as your instructions...windows unable to format drive...powered up tomtom...nothing loaded...switched off placed card in powered up...tomotm stared up...map of Europe loaded....worked out route to Munich from St Helens ,UK
looked ok on map text instructions ok.

Given your inability to format, and strange content, I maintain that there's a data issue between the unit and PC. It's probably how you got into this ditch in the first place, and we really should address that.

Back to post #17. We need to be able to see a clean directory structure on a PC.

Then check to see that you are using a good cable. Try swapping with another similar mini-B USB cable.
If an actual PC, try using one of the rear USB ports rather than a front one.
Last, if you have access to another PC, connect to see how the 'drive' looks on that other PC.

result...combination of computer and lead....tried another computerand lead...this allowed me to format Tom Tom..Home then proceeded to load firmware and maps..Now have maps etc back on device..have run update several times and everything is up to date.
Will now have to format main computer and replace lead...just have to get US maps onto card to load then everything will be in order.

Have now got US maps on card loading as well when switch maps is selected...Device now working as it should.
Many Thanks for the help to all those that contributed.

Ask a Question