HELP! TT510 not responding

So I used the TT today without any issue ... worked great.
Ran all of my wiring inside the dash ... everything looks great.

Used it again ... no problem.
Then, after stopping the car for about 45 mins, I come back out and the TT won't work properly.
It seems to have no GPS functionality at all.
Everything else works, although power up is VERY slow.

When I get it home and plug it in, TT Home works like normal.
Click on "operate device" and it looks and acts like normal ... disconnect it and it goes back to slow operation and can not find a signal.

I have tried resetting (many, many times) and restoring.
Is there anything else I can try before calling the support line on Monday?

Oh ... forgot one thing.

The GPS not only will not connect, but it does not respond to light (or lack thereof) and will not automatically switch to night mode ...

It will operate the BT phone and iPod as normal and I actually downloaded the QuickGpsFix via phone while on the road ... installed it no problem, but didn't fix anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You could run the clear flash tool from www.tomtom.com/support site.
If your unit is not switching between day and night mode, just connect your unit to home and run virtual tomtom. Make sure it is on day mode there. If it just switch from day to night then day again. This will fix your unit from not switching to day/night mode.

You could run the clear flash tool from www.tomtom.com/support site.
If your unit is not switching between day and night mode, just connect your unit to home and run virtual tomtom. Make sure it is on day mode there. If it just switch from day to night then day again. This will fix your unit from not switching to day/night mode.

Day and night modes are enabled ... and I've run the clear flash tool as well ...

Oh well ... I guess TT support is the only thing left at this point.

Got through to tech support with no waiting ... and she tried everything.

I have now formatted the SD card and am downloading completely new s/w onto the unit itself.
The next step (if this doesn't work) is returning it to TomTom ... not looking forward to that, but if that is what it comes to ...

Did a complete format of the SD card ... reinstalled everything from scratch.

Still have the same problems.
Will be calling back tomorrow ... likely for an RMA. :mad:

Ask a Question