HELP!!!!!!! TomTom ONE LE not working AT ALL!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I have a very quick question in hopes for an extremely helpful and quick response. I am going on vacation later today (in less than 12 hours) and I need my TomTom GPS to be working in order for me to get there. Well, I will admit, I am an idiot at this point and I accidently deleted EVERYTHING off my TomTom ONE LE device. I mean everything. Nothing comes up anymore. There is nothing stored on the device. I hit the reset button and it turns on now but no maps or anything else is found on the device. I was wondering how do I recover my device as I REALLY need it later today for driving. The TomTom HOME software says "An error has occured. Required parameter(s) devicenavcoreversion missing." In my opinion, that does not sound good at all. There is like 1 MB being used on the device out of the 979 MB available. So I know I really messed this thing up. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME out with this. I really need to get this working before I leave. ANY HELP is appreciated. Thank you so much! :confused:

by the way, the tomtom.com site and tomtom home software is absolutely worthless. there is nothing that i can see that will help me restore the device back to 100% factory settings. that is just absurd. and if there is such an option, its not very easy to find or do.

nevermind guys. i figured this out. thank god i figured it out. :eek: i just reloaded the maps with the latest map guarentee. seems that was the only problem.

ok, this isnt as big of a problem as the whole device not working. i got the device working now, and now the only thing that is wrong with it is that the tomtom one splash screen doesnt come up anymore when i turn the device on and off, instead it has a grey screen. and also, the point of interest icons are not showing up, instead they are just black and white shopping cart icons. any help? thanks. :D

ok, this isnt as big of a problem as the whole device not working. i got the device working now, and now the only thing that is wrong with it is that the tomtom one splash screen doesnt come up anymore when i turn the device on and off, instead it has a grey screen. and also, the point of interest icons are not showing up, instead they are just black and white shopping cart icons. any help? thanks. :D

Did you try the "Update My Device" option in TT HOME? It may recognize that you don't have the entire TomTom Application software and allow you to download it again.

OR

If you've previously made a backup of your TomTom, you should be able to us e the RESTORE option in TomTom HOME.

OR

If you just look in the C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01\InternalMemory directory, you can simply copy everything from that directory to the root of your TomTom, excluding the \Backup01\InternalMemory\ directories.

yea i dont have any backups of my device. i guess i can do without the poi icons and splash screen for now. ill look at fixing it when i get back from vacation. thanks.

Did you try the "Update My Device" option in TT HOME? It may recognize that you don't have the entire TomTom Application software and allow you to download it again.

OR

If you've previously made a backup of your TomTom, you should be able to us e the RESTORE option in TomTom HOME.

OR

If you just look in the C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01\InternalMemory directory, you can simply copy everything from that directory to the root of your TomTom, excluding the \Backup01\InternalMemory\ directories.

That probably explains why I couldn't transfer the full backup to a CD. Much too large... can you tell me what I'm looking at in required CD space?

Thanks

Tom G, Sr.

That probably explains why I couldn't transfer the full backup to a CD. Much too large... can you tell me what I'm looking at in required CD space?

Thanks

Tom G, Sr.

A standard CD is approx. 640-700MB. The internal memory of the TomTom is 1,000MB (or 1GB). If you want to backup to an external storage media, I would suggest using a single-layer DVD as a DATA disc...it holds approx 4.7GB.

I'm having similar problems. I've lost all files off the tomtom and when I switch it on I get a flashing white cross in a red circle. It disappears when I connect my USB and my PC recognises it but getting the same message "An error has occured. Required parameter(s) devicenavcoreversion missing" when I try and update it.

I don't have the original install CD - can anyone help?

Thanks

I'm having similar problems. I've lost all files off the tomtom and when I switch it on I get a flashing white cross in a red circle. It disappears when I connect my USB and my PC recognises it but getting the same message "An error has occured. Required parameter(s) devicenavcoreversion missing" when I try and update it.

I don't have the original install CD - can anyone help?

Thanks

Try following some of the instructions in this thread: >>> HERE <<<

A standard CD is approx. 640-700MB. The internal memory of the TomTom is 1,000MB (or 1GB). If you want to backup to an external storage media, I would suggest using a single-layer DVD as a DATA disc...it holds approx 4.7GB.
Thanks...

Looks like I'll start shopping for external storage media. ;)

Fame

Ask a Question