Help!! Replacing a ttgo 550 live screen

TomTom Model(s)
TOM TOM 550 GO LIVE - TOMTOM RIDER V2, TOMTOM ONE
Hi

Can anyone help? I have a TT GO 550 live and have managed to get the front and back covers apart - removed the microphone and the orange computer cable bit trying to get to the touchscreen as mine isn't working! I'm not sure if I was supposed to do that but I thought it was logical at the time!

Now I'm stuck - How do you access the touch screen? Is it screwed or clipped in - if possible has anyone post a photo of the bits I have to release! I don't want to pay TT ?100+ to put in a new touch screen! Thanks.. Theresa :D

Last edited:
Look for UK based supermod Mikealder to reply to your query. If anybody knows about taking TT models apart -- and putting them back together -- it would be he.

Actually, supermod canderson isn't too bad either! :)

Look for either of them,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi

Thanks for that! Not that I'm panicking or anything!

Sorry but I have only ever gone as far as the battery removal on one of these units and screen portion along with half the case it sits in doesn't get taken to bits for this job - Mike

i stripped down a 930 to get the screen out you need a thin flat piece of metal ( i used the back of my sons phone) you slide it into the gap between the screen and the bezel at the top and it presses on 3 small lugs, with a little pressure on the back of the screen it will eventually leave the bezel.

Ask a Question